Security Installer Community

Chucking in the towel

dont give up if its what you want to do, i started 6 years ago on 70 pound a week for 6 months then it went up to 120 pound a week for the next 2 years. not on bad money now, rubbish company though.but i love working in the security industry and i learn every day. nothing like finishing an install in a difficult house and you cant see any cables, even though the customer hardly ever seem to appreciate what you have done! good feeling to go home at night knowing youve done a top job. :yes:

Trade Intruder

dont give up if its what you want to do, i started 6 years ago on 70 pound a week for 6 months then it went up to 120 pound a week for the next 2 years. not on bad money now, rubbish company though.but i love working in the security industry and i learn every day. nothing like finishing an install in a difficult house and you cant see any cables, even though the customer hardly ever seem to appreciate what you have done! good feeling to go home at night knowing youve done a top job. :yes:

62062[/snapback]

No worries mate! I got on with a local firm about a month ago and it's going great so far! :)

Trade Member

That equates to £17.5k pa  :no:

61977[/snapback]

No anything over 37.5 hours is overtime most of my overtime is on a sunday at double time and lots of PJ's = £35k +

Where do you live mate ? might be able to help you, we have a couple of vacancies across country, not a bad firm to work for and we don't do domestics (unless they are massive)

Archived