Security Installer Community

Bellbox location

Guest JohnD

Guest JohnD

I am in process of installing Texecom VR8 and Odyssey 1E for a bungalow. However the external wall heights are very low for fitting the bellbox. I wondered about fitting a second operating bellbox - at the bottom of a brick chimney which is on a flat bit of roof and the bellbox location would be concealed by the various roof lines. The strobe in this location would not be so useful but at least the sounder should be effective. One in SAB and other in SCB mode. Does this seem a sensible solution or what else would you normally do on a bungalow?

Chimney mount it but dont destroy the water tight seal around the base of the stack when you feed the conduit/cable through as you will be in trouble :(

Maybe back it up by a second steel bellbox on the wall if you can - just watch the loading on the panel as said the second bell may need to be configureed for SCB.

Or steel bell box on the chimney - best of both worlds.

Firstly, take the ody1 back and get an ody3M or equivilant (there are many attack/foam resistant steel shrouded sirens on the market).

Secondly, investigate monitoring for the system.

Are you approved or just helping a mate out?

Paul

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Chimney mount it but dont destroy the water tight seal around the base of the stack when you feed the conduit/cable through as you will be in trouble :(

55901[/snapback]

Ive always wondered who it was installing warning devices on chimneys :no:

Jef

Customers!

It was a suggestion, Ive never fitted an alarm to a bungalow, Ive seen A few systems like that.

With the current climate and low down bell boxes getting ripped off walls as a common occurance nowadays theres not much else left to do.

Low down bellboxes are pretty much useless, at least they would have to climb up onto the roof and stand a lot better chance of being seen first.

I wont climb onto roofs anyway I dont think there safe - but if anyone else wants to thats up to them.

It was just a suggestion Jef :(:huh:

Guest JohnD

Thanks for all the useful feedback. I think I will fit a steel box, 3M (SCB) on front bungalow wall low location and the 1E (SAB) in the more concealed location. Liked the idea of the Master Blaster but can't quite pluck up the courage for this. Might raise the loose roof tiles a few inches.....

I have put 2x ts100 //.National Installer.// bell boxes on my house and 2 x master blasters one in the roof of the garage and one under the front eaves of the house you cant see it but when i do a bell test you want to hear it. Also a 10amp relay on a flashing mod to flash all the outside security lights in alarm.

It wes set off in error about 4 years ago when i was bells only by a mate of mine and got police responce as they were passing and stopped to investergate the noise.. Trust me you want to hear/ see it when it go's its well loud, and looks like a space ship is about to land.

Archived