Security Installer Community

scart to bnc

Guest PcFairs

Guest PcFairs

Hi everyone I need some help with a camera problem.

I have a Micromark MM23195(No bitchy comments please! :yes: )

What I wish to do is to join the scart lead to my PC's Dvr Card which has BNC Connectors.

I have tried connecting the scart lead to a scart-phono lead and then with Phono-BNC Connectors to the DVR card, but I get no picture or sound.

I opened the scart plug on the Camera side and the pins were wired as follows

A Red wire - Connects from pin 18 to pin 21

A black wire - Connects to pin 21

A Red wire - Connects from pin 2 to pin 6

A Black wire - Connects to pin 8

A White wire - Connects to pin 20

As this doesnt seem to be normal Scart wiring Im completely confused.

Spent absolutely ages now trying to sort this out, could have gone to work instead and earned enough money for a decenr camera.

Many thanks for any replies

If you dont want to be messing around, then get a scart adaptor from maplins the one with the input/or output switch modes on it (experiment which position)then connect the bnc cable to that you may also need a scart to scart joiner - see when you get there.

Guest Peter James

Hi welcome to the forum

Is the dvr card a composite input ? if not your wasting your time and you need a proper card like a geovision or pico.

The composite output from the micromart could be anything??? but usually it will be yellow screened or white screened not sure what pins on the scart they would be (sorry dont touch scart that much)

Why not cut off the scart lead and get some coax with a bnc crimped to one side and choc block it to the lead of the camera not the best way but cheap as chips to do and ded easy.

Guest PcFairs
If you dont want to be messing around, then get a scart adaptor from maplins the one with the input/or output switch modes on it (experiment which position)then connect the bnc cable to that you may also need a scart to scart joiner - see when you get there.

55943[/snapback]

Have already been down the scart connecting mode using scart joiners etc. but receive nothing at all

Guest PcFairs
Hi welcome to the forum

Is the dvr card a composite input ? if not your wasting your time and you need a proper card like a geovision or pico.

The composite output from the micromart could be anything??? but usually it will be yellow screened or white screened not sure what pins on the scart they would be (sorry dont touch scart that much)

55945[/snapback]

The dvr card is composite, have already got two composite cameras fitted using phono to bnc plug connectors

Have already been down the scart connecting mode using scart joiners etc. but receive nothing at all

55948[/snapback]

Thats because you need a scart adaptor not a lead and also it must have the input/output reverse switch or it wont work - one from a games console like a ps2 adaptor WONT work because it is wired for one mode only - and it does make a difference on the micromark cameras.

As I said you may also need a joiner adaptor to connect the switched adaptor to the end of your cameras scart.

As has been said you could disect it and connect directly to the connections - but without having the thing in front of me I couldnt hazard a guess as to how its wired sorry.

Guest PcFairs
Why not cut off the scart lead and get some coax with a bnc crimped to one side and choc block it to the lead of the camera not the best way but cheap as chips to do and ded easy.

55947[/snapback]

Thats what I wanna do, so I tested using scart connecting cables to phonos etc just to test it, but there is no signals at all:no:.Thats when I decided to open the scart plug only to find that the wiring wasnt as the standard configuration. So I cant ascertain which wires are which

cheers:yes:

Archived