Security Installer Community

camera through laptop

Guest gerardcraggs

Well err.. I was going to recommend the GV-100 from GEOVISION but it seems to have disapeared from the face of the earth. It was a single channel video input USB device that came with professinal DVR software.

There's plenty of mentions of the GV-100 on GOOGLE but no one seems to be selling them or have any specs/pictures.

Oh wait, seems to be mentioned HERE a little bit, just to give you an idea.

egg03064.gif

Is the PDA WiFi ?

56264[/snapback]

Not at the moment its an old xda2, but we are supposed to be getting new ones which are.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Can any one help me then,

I want to use my PDA as a mini-monitor.

Im looking for some sort of sd card with composite in??????

56253[/snapback]

You cab get a SD WiFI card but then you would need a DVR with LAN or a camera server to convert the video to LAN then a wirless access point to talk to the DVR.

I have a Hunt 4ch DVR on a network with a wireless access point that my Ipaq logs on to, on you XDA if you had a DVR on the network with a static IP address for the internet then you would be able to view it on your XDA but you would be paying for a connection charge.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Hello all

I am wanting to run a cctv camera through my laptop.but i can't find a cable that converts from bnc to usb, And there does not seem to be an adapter card on the market either.

Any help would be very grateful.

Regards

Gerry

56220[/snapback]

at least Hauppauge makes them. I don't remember the price.

www.hauppauge.com

http://www.hauppauge.com/Pages/prods_usbs.html

Guest gerardcraggs

THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR INPUT. I FOLLOWED BREFF'S ADVICE AND BOUGHT THE XPERT DVD MAKER FROM EBUYER. IT ARRIVED THIS MORNING, I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF IT WORKS.

THANKS AGAIN

GERRY.

Guest gerardcraggs

hello again, got the camera working with that device and it works a treat, realy good picture as well.

gerry

Archived