Security Installer Community

Colour Probs

Guest Alan

Hello everyone,

I am half way through an installation consisting of the following:

Dedicated 8 channel DVR

4 day/night domes.

Having just powered up 2 of the domes they came on ok but are showing just mono images, however there is some colour on the screen, mainly in lines.

Having not come across this before I would appreciate any help.

I have adjusted everything on the dvr with no success. :no:

Guest Peter James

The photocell in the dome may be covered so the cameras think its dark and have switched to mono perhaps?

are the two domes you are having problems with powered from the same low voltage power supply ? if so is the PSU big enough to cope, check the current draw for the cameras and make sure that the PSU is big enough..

Best on seperate PSU, but if you have a seperate PSU for each at the moment then see Pete's post.

DVR is setup for colour cameras ? (i had to ask the simple question)

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

The PSU is a Gardtec 3 amp PSU so no probs there, the photocell idea is very possible thanks. Any further ideas would help as it means I will have many optoions to try when I start again tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback.

*looks around the room sheepish*

Have you got a colour monitor on it? :unsure:

*runs away*

Sorry I once spent a while trying to get some colour cameras to work on what I was assured was a 'colour' monitor. Except it wasn't. :rolleyes:

egg03064.gif

Yes the thought had crossed my mind too(so I checked) but its always the silly things that take up the time and effort isn't it.

The PSU is a Gardtec 3 amp PSU so no probs there, the photocell idea is very possible thanks. Any further ideas would help as it means I will have many optoions to try when I start again tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback.

57067[/snapback]

Check the voltage coming out, and try one camera only i bet you get a picture, not the best PSU to use, we would always use single PSU for each camera cuts down on problems of noise and horizontal ghosting lines.

Try just one and see what you get.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Have you got the setting on the dvr set up for NSTC and not PAL.

Some DVR's will automatically switch to NSTC if you power up with out any cameras on

Chris

ISC Systems Ltd

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Great minds aye ian cant :P

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Archived