Security Installer Community

Colour LCD Test Monitor

Guys

Looking for a another test monitor for focusing the camera, i have one already which is totally no good in bright light and im having to rely on another person to help,

Has anyone any ideas or tried a focus level meter to get the best possible picture in all weather conditions..

I purchased a focus level meter from Cop, don't waste you money on one of these as even when the image is blurry the reading says its good

Paul

The only monitor I would use for setting up cameras is my Computar test monitor.

Its a monochrome 4 inch CRT monitor in a leather case with a battery and charger. The charger cost £55 as does a replacement battery. And the Monitor itself cost around £400.

I found a site selling the monitor, charger and battery for over £600.

CPC sell the computar monitor for £365 including case, monitor, battery and charger. SR02354

Or if you are feeling creative you can buy the monitor component and make your own test monitor. SR01917 you will need a housing, case, battery, charger, bnc socket, power socket, brightness and contrast knobs.

My reasons for reccomending this monitor are;

The leather case has a sun shield that pops together to shield the screen.

The screen is 450 TVL which should be far superior to a tft screen equivelent.

Its light and you can hang it round your neck and work with both hands.

Thanks Guys

Gone for the Dimensions £377 from Visionlink Plus the usual discount i get i recon this will be around £330 + Vat, the sunshield looks great at an extra £25

Thanks again

Paul

Personally i'd have gone for the CRT everytime, always found them to have a better image definition and are easier to tell when a cam's really in focus. Just my experiences though.

egg03064.gif

Yeah the CRT will give a much better resolution for setting up higher res cameras, it would be wort asking what the tvl is on the monitor you have ordered.

Ive been using the CRT monitor for 10 years and still haven't found anything I would replace it with.

Let us know how you get on with that monitor, don't presume because its 480 pixels wide that it will be 480TVL I reckon it will be more like 300 - 350 tvl

Archived