Security Installer Community

Cracking quote, straight from a cowboy's mouth

antinode

I was talking to one of my workmates the other day, and he mentioned this to me. All the lads from our company went on a 1 day course to learn about iD panels and stuff and there was one guy there that fits cheapo alarms on the side. One of our engineers got talking to him, and the guy said to him "Never connect the earth wire; that's the one that gives you the shock!" :roflmao: He was being deadly serious aswell! Later on, we found out that he wires the fuse in an FCU through the neutral instead of the live :no:

Trade Member

thats why there called cow boys

unforunately his mistakes makejoe public think we are all alike

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

It even occurs in the bigger companies..

You all know who I work for, well went to service a job today.

PLUG IN THE WALL.....I'm Sooooo Disgusted :realmad:

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I went to a new install on a school been in about a year and found a smart psu in a cleaners cupboard that the lid had never been put on by the install lads live connections exposed with primary school kids about. NO HOPE :no::no::no:

Story of a company down here, second fixed a fire system in a industrial unit to invoice quickly, got found out as they hadnt first fixed. :no::no:

Bri

trade.gif

I went to a job 2 days ago which was plugged in the wall, The site had a refit 2 years ago, Went to another site over the road from that one which must of been maintained by Stevie Wonder :no::no::no:

Both sites were owned by the same group which we have just taken on. Looks like I will be doing quotes all weekend again ;)

I do work for letting agencies and the number of plugs I'm finding is unnerving, especially when the guy who happily says 'I installed these' is standing next to you. Always be nice and educative when telling them what theyve done wrong. Also has anyone noticed how technically adept customers are when they cant stop their bells/sounders ringing get into the panel and disconnect mains and battery?? Amazing!!! But dont hesitate to call you out cos they cant do the weekly test? whats all that about then! :no::no:

Bri

trade.gif

The previous company I worked for one of my jobs were to take the NIC-EIC inspector round on the routine service visits. We turned up on one site and opened the cover on a threephase fuse board only to discover that there was no blanks fitted to the spare ways. He just said O dear and put us in for a reinspection!

Trade Member

Archived