Security Installer Community

Magnetic contacts

Interesting question. Ive just had a quick look at Elmdene's contact brochure, and all their stuff is class3 "MEETS GRADE 1,2 & 3 EN50131 (GRADE 4 WHEN ISSUED"

59525[/snapback]

Did you see the "simple chart" for the six wired contacts resistors built in?

Red = scantronic,texecom,menvier (must 4k7/2k2 which won't work on veritas)

Yellow = castle (well the euro meridan is 4k7/2k2)

Pyronix = orange (pcx (euro meridan) is 4k7/ 2k2)

ade is not listed should it be red / yellow or orange?

lookes like somebody goinig to get shafted on install

Did you see the "simple chart" for the six wired contacts resistors built in?

Red = scantronic,texecom,menvier (must 4k7/2k2 which won't work on veritas)

Yellow = castle (well the euro meridan is 4k7/2k2)

Pyronix = orange (pcx (euro meridan) is 4k7/ 2k2)

ade is not listed should it be red / yellow or orange?

lookes like somebody goinig to get shafted on install

61701[/snapback]

I saw nine at IFSEC all the panels i could think off.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

• 3 months later...
Guest Andy.blue.mini

Just fitted my first Grade 3 system in a jewlers today, Glalay G3 and Dual com. The new Grade 3 contacts come pre wired with resistors in them. The resistor value is pre set by the one you order. A bit tricky to set up to, if the magnet is to close to the reed the contact will not close. Magnets have to be the correct way arround due to the poling. Roller shutter contacts have a much smaller tollerance as well.

Have fun

Andy

Just fitted my first Grade 3 system in a jewlers today, Glalay G3 and Dual com. The new Grade 3 contacts come pre wired with resistors in them. The resistor value is pre set by the one you order. A bit tricky to set up to, if the magnet is to close to the reed the contact will not close. Magnets have to be the correct way arround due to the poling. Roller shutter contacts have a much smaller tollerance as well.

Have fun

Andy

Sorry but im a pessimist. I have seen the Knight G3 contacts and im not convinced these are any different from using the old stuff with FSL in the JB. I think ill wait until the real G3 contacts are released before I start wasting money.

Jef

Customers!

Sorry but im a pessimist. I have seen the Knight G3 contacts and im not convinced these are any different from using the old stuff with FSL in the JB. I think ill wait until the real G3 contacts are released before I start wasting money.

Jef

The real G3 contacts are avilable, we have had some since the last week of September, Elmdene, very pricey.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived