Security Installer Community

LJD dome PTZ. Help please!

Guest Rockford

Guest Rockford

we just bought for the first time, a couple of LJD external dome cameras. everything works except... well, the most important bit: The PTZ. It comes with a four wire cable for PTZ on an RJ-11 connector. The manual SAYS that the green and yellow wires are PTZ + and -, but the manual is SO full of errors, that this might not be correct. we buzzed the wires out and found that the remaining two wires (black and red) are common (?).

anyways, we've tried using it on a bunch of protocols (Pelco P is our preference) and a bunch of controllers using what we think is the correct wire map and it just WILL NOT work!! We have another VCL camera which works perfectly on the same RS485 bus, but this one just will not listen.

There are no problems with termination or ID or protocol. The wiring MIGHT be wrong (we've followed the questionable manual), but I can't think what else could be up.

Does ANYONE have ANY useful info about this?? What can we do? What could we be doing wrong? Really, any info from anyone would be really useful as their tech support people NEVER call back!

Thanks a lot!

Guest Rockford
Welcome to the world of LJD! :(

Does the dome have any dip switches on it to set the protocol?

61863[/snapback]

yes it does. Here's the crazy thing... They're all "reversed" in the manual. We've set it to VCL - it shows that as it boots so we've got that right.

Also, I should've mentioned that it apparently has a green LED to show when RS485 is terminated. This LED NEVER comes on even when sharing a bus with a camera that's working. We have had it so that this camera is the end point and therefore a terminator!

we got one once .... it worked for 15minutes then it blew up, a great big flash! We sent it back and they lost it! As we sent it recorded delivery royal mail forked out for it as they couldnt tell whether they'd actually delivered it. But just as well really because we didn't want it back lol!

Trade Member

Guest sinead

i think the best thing you can do with an ljd dome in the first instance i tried to get into a smaller market by using there gear but had to stop as two monitors i had installed caught fire ..i was not impressed as i had to compensate the client and had to install other quality monitors now the first place the catalogue goes to is the bin.

Not sure about those dip switches but I have to agree with the others maybe you should just send them back to LJD and get your money back.

They came on this forum once you would think they would come on again and solve the problems your having, I saw somewhere a moderator saying that LJD are improving daily, that seems not to be the case, but perhaps you could get them to try and get LJD to help you as they obviously have a good relationship with them, which all of us other installers dont seem to have.

send it back 4 a refund

61880[/snapback]

Well, might be better off flogging it on eBay as sending things back to LJD is a complete waste of time. Sales and management say ring returns, returns never answer and messages never get passed around the office.

As everyone else has said, use something, anything else.

I haven't had that much to do with them so far, but what I have had has worked as it should. Except one faulty TVbox, which an advanced replacement was shipped, then the faulty one returned. So I haven't really had any problems with them.

Touch wood!

If you don't know......ask.

Have you seen the text next to the dome in the catolouge?

"PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of this product, we anticipate 15-20% will go faulty in a 3 year period"

That to me says its ****, but they do have girleys on the stand at IFSEC with next to nothing on,

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived