Security Installer Community

LJD dome PTZ. Help please!

Guest Rockford

but they do have girleys on the stand at IFSEC with next to nothing on,

62039[/snapback]

I am probably going to get slated for saying it, but this year at IFSEC was really tacky regarding all these girls. Instead of it being tasteful it was quite scummy - wrong shape girls wearing the wrong types of whatever it was that they were wearing. Seriously, I was quite annoyed/offended by the fact that all these companies think that they are going to sell more systems by having some bimbo with no shame prancing around with her cellulite all squashed together. Also, it made me notice how security is very much a man's business. I took my sales manager with (female) and it made it very evident.

If we were going to a stag do or the Playboy mansion I would expect to see that sort of thing. Not at a serious international exhibition. Don't know why I have said all that. Repressed memories. :blink: And if my comments are any indication, LJD has hardly any equipment on show, no one to talk to, but loads of ditzy girls. Say no more.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

• 1 month later...
Guest Gordon

What is the dome part number ? We just had a bunch of problems but managed to find our way through the mess. If it is the same type we fitted I may be able to help you set it up. Are there two sets of dip switches ? Looking at the row the first on bank one and last on bank two should be up ( or on ) as default.

Guest Rockford
What is the dome part number ? We just had a bunch of problems but managed to find our way through the mess. If it is the same type we fitted I may be able to help you set it up. Are there two sets of dip switches ? Looking at the row the first on bank one and last on bank two should be up ( or on ) as default.

66555[/snapback]

yes, there are two sets of dip switches... We got it to work in the end, I can't remember how now, but we have ANOTHER problem with them about which I'll start a new topic! :)

thanks for your help everyone!

we have ANOTHER problem with them about which I'll start a new topic! :)

67416[/snapback]

To which I will reply, bin them and get something from a reputable CCTV equipment supplier. :)

Guest Rockford
To which I will reply, bin them and get something from a reputable CCTV equipment supplier. :)

67418[/snapback]

Ha ha! Not a bad answer! We've dealt with them a few times now and we had some rather low "normal" cams which EASILY compete with much more expensive equipment. However, it all goes dodgy with their PTZ stuff and dealing with them as a company is a knightmare!!

dealing with them as a company is a knightmare!!

67517[/snapback]

That's their main problem, some of the stuff they sell isn't bad for cheap and cheerful but as a company they are diabolical. I don't risk it any more and avoid them at all costs, I'd rather pay a few quid extra and get some better service somewhere else.

Archived