Security Installer Community

WV-CW860 Panasonic Dome

Guys

Got the above dome, its been working on a Geovision system for a while, not too happy with the geovision so i am putting this dome into different DVr, but i now want to control the dome through a compatable dome controller with Joystick, has any one used a cost effective controller or know of any other lowish cost with the correct protocols to run this dome.

Many thanks

Paul

• 1 month later...

Hi

I tried the Cop version (the pro one), it says it is compatible with Panasonic protocols, and i can turn the camera left and right, i can zoom in and out and a few other things, but it wont look up and down, and i cannot access the on screen menu, so i would imagine the controller does not have a full set of protocols for the above dome..

Is there any alternative or fix anyone can recomend for this problem im using it on Rs485 the same as i did on the geovision unit

Thanks in advance

Paul

Hi

I agree the Geovision is a very easy unit to use, and i have had no real problems, but being a windows based system it has had its fair share of problems with PC stability and for this reason i have decided to change it out, it has been replaced with an Anextek RS-116 , again another very easy to use system, running on a Linux based software and after using these for the last 2 years they are a very good machine with pleny of features, and at 480 FPS recording, they can actually work out a litter cheaper than the GV1000 with the same spec.

The Anextek Rs-116 can work the dome with no issues's using the GUI but i want to use a controller with joystick and would have this issue no matter what DVR i was using

Ps do you have the answer to my post

Thanks

• 1 year later...
How make connections between Panasonic WV-CW860A/G CCTV camera and PC base system? Witch PC base system you suggest?

You will need a RS-232/RS485 Converter geovision do them connect the Trx and Rx (Green and yellow wires from your data cable i think), the instruction booklet should help with this and the plug into the com port of the pc

Archived