Security Installer Community

LJD Domes again (brownout problem)

Guest MikeJ

Guest MikeJ

Has anyone had trouble with LJD domes (VANDALDAYNIGHT) failing under brownout? We have installed several of these across several sites for a major client and the majority fail regularly. Cycling the power brings them back up. LJD say there's no problem but our tests show that even a 60% 20 cycle dip on the mains kills the output. Oh yes, and we're using their power supplies!

Guest Rockford

Stick their PSU on a UPS. That'll fix it! We've used these cams and they certainly do have their little "quirks". Last place we installed them had a clean line for power and they never have power probs. If you put them behind a UPS, either with or without an LJD PSU, it ought to sort 'em. Make no mistake however, they ain't great cameras :no: ! You surely get what you pay for... they cost £****, their peers can cost up to £**** or more... It shows! :yes:

Unlike Black out, where lost of power for more than 10 sec a Brown out is a term used when the mains power supply has a lull i.e. flicker. It is often caused by slow response of the national grid or the Most causes however can be located to a !To Larger Load on the ring that you are using! kicking in. I think that is correct. There can be other causes but these are the main ones.

A trout out on the other hand is when the wife goes shoping. :ninja:

why not fit a boxed psu that can take a battery back up?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

One of the dynamic day night domes i fitted in the last few weeks went all white for no reason i had to down power and repower all was ok and has been since is that the same as above??

One of the dynamic day night domes i fitted in the last few weeks went all white for no reason i had to down power and repower all was ok and has been since is that the same as above??

63981[/snapback]

Ring and speak to Paul, he may have an answer, ive never had that problem with them (touch wood)!

I've discovered that the manufacturer of the dome is Sunkwang Electronics in Korea (type SK-D105/M400XAI). They say that some units shipped before 10/5/2005 have an iris fault which has since been corrected. They also say that the Vendor should replace with new ones.

I've discovered that the manufacturer of the dome is Sunkwang Electronics in Korea (type SK-D105/M400XAI). They say that some units shipped before 10/5/2005 have an iris fault which has since been corrected. They also say that the Vendor should replace with new ones.

64037[/snapback]

Thanks for the follow up information, are LJD going to replace the equipment for you?

Archived