Security Installer Community

anyone having a bad day

bri

installing cctv system in sandwich shop today....1st hole through wall scrapes central heating pipe and puts pinhole into it, water spraying out. find stopcock which shuts supply to whole shop which is at busisest time of day...get plumber mate in to repair, see traffic warden who says ok for me to park on double yellows as car is out of way....come out hour later to find ticket on windscreen....cant find p.s.u. that has been delivered straight to site,see package with bnc's underneath lettuce ah ha!! wrong psu aaargh!!! decided to call it a day..... :realmad:

Bri

trade.gif

since when can you trust a traffic warden? They ticket you when stuck in traffic close to the curb! Times have changed matey. Not parking anywhere illegally or not overunning by a mere second on a meter is the only way now.

So what were you saying about working smarter.....?

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Well you must have at least got a free sarnie or were they a tight customer?

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

since when can you trust a traffic warden? They ticket you when stuck in traffic close to the curb! Times have changed matey. Not parking anywhere illegally or not overunning by a mere second on a meter is the only way now.

So what were you saying about working smarter.....?

64907[/snapback]

that reminds me of a job i was working on a few weeks ago i spent 6 hours on a car parking meter @ £4.50 per hour,with about 5 minutes left on the meter i was loading my tools on the van and just ran back to site to pick up my steps when i got back to the van there was a ticket on the screen and i was 2 minutes over :realmad:

that reminds me of a job i was working on a few weeks ago i spent 6 hours on a car parking meter @ £4.50 per hour,with about 5 minutes left on the meter i was loading my tools on the van and just ran back to site to pick up my steps when i got back to the van there was a ticket on the screen and i was 2 minutes over :realmad:

64921[/snapback]

Don't get me started. I HATE local councils because of the unfair ticketing. It is crippling. It is all about money and nothing else. There is no leeway anymore. I am surprised no one has flipped and started burning down Council offices. We appeal most tickets and mostly win - but the time and aggravation :no: . You get fined less for minor criminal activities than you do if you were delayed getting back to your car by a minute. It is a sick world - and no one does anything about it.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived