Security Installer Community

CCTV Control

Guest Akeem

Hi,

Please could anyone help me out of this:

I have wired 16cameras to a designated control room and connected to 16channel multiplexer. There are two monitors: in the control room & user's study. Everything is OK but now he wants to have a control unit in the study as well so he can perform operation such as freeze, quad, full screen and those menu possible on Mux. The MUX has loop through outputs but the option of wiring is completely out of it now. What do I do?

Kindly help.

Akeem.

As above, some kit will allow remote keyboard option otherwise you'll probabally need to think about upgrading the mux to something a bit more advanced..... a nice dedicated micros dvr (sprite) 16 way with keyboard would do the job nicely..... and only a belden to run from the controls to the keyboard ummm..... tasty :yes:

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

a nice dedicated micros dvr (sprite) 16 way with keyboard would do the job nicely.....

65768[/snapback]

It will, but the returns rate for the bearings on the fans going and harddrives then overheating are very high, then you have the age old question why did DM not build a proper power supply that last's, biggest common fault with DM stuff.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Thanks to all.

Normal Proline 16-input multiplexer is used and all the cameras are fixed. On the Mux, apart from the camera inputs and monitor outputs, there is also some alarm contacts and that's all. An an idea of what could be upgraded to for this problem to be solved will be fine.

The new dedicated Micros DS2 with a remote keyboard is a good choice, or the ENEO DLR2-16/XX product page herefrom Aspect Distribution www.aspect-distribution.co.uk with a remote keyboard. (make sure you get advice what bits you need before you price it to your customer)

Alternatively, you could connect either of these units to the customers computer network and they could then view live/recorded images on the pc.

Something I have heard about, but not done or tested, hence sceptical if it can be done, is to T off the video out ie to video recorder, the multiplexed signal and put a second mux in the other location with the cable connected to the video recorder input.

Apparently this second slave unit can view each image etc, but cant record whats on screen.

Like I said I have no idea wether this will work, maybe someone else can clarify this?

TSS

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Something I have heard about, but not done or tested, hence sceptical if it can be done, is to T off the video out ie to video recorder, the multiplexed signal and put a second mux in the other location with the cable connected to the video recorder input.

Apparently this second slave unit can view each image etc, but cant record whats on screen.

Like I said I have no idea wether this will work, maybe someone else can clarify this?

TSS

65838[/snapback]

Interesting idea that, theoretically it would work but youd need to leave the 2nd mux in playback mode and youd end up with a timelapse view of each camera. Actually working in practice would be a completely different thing though. :-|

egg03064.gif

It will, but the returns rate for the bearings on the fans going and harddrives then overheating are very high, then you have the age old question why did DM not build a proper power supply that last's, biggest common fault with DM stuff.

65779[/snapback]

I did'nt know that nova! I thought DM had become the bussiness these days! what about there new stuff??.Paul.

Interesting idea that, theoretically it would work but youd need to leave the 2nd mux in playback mode and youd end up with a timelapse view of each camera.  Actually working in practice would be a completely different thing though.  :-|

65842[/snapback]

cheers for helping to clarify...

TSS

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Archived