Security Installer Community

new digital recorder

Guest mikechids

I thought all your CCTV was done in house, Engineers employed directly by you and not Syncro, Thats how it is up my area.

The few engineers that I have met on re-fits etc are spot on, even repairing equipment down to components.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikechids

currently awaiting quotes for Digital Sprite 2 ( DS2ACDX16C - 320gb )

What is the easiest way to get screen prints? i.e faces of shoplifters.

I see some models have CD recorders, and network access.

69398[/snapback]

Burn an image to CD, stick CD in your PC, view image, click print.

I am of course assuming your looking a Sprite with a CD recorder built in?

Dedicated Micros do a printer that attaches directly to the DS2, press 1 button get a print.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest MSI New York

69398[/snapback]

To do a screenshot, you simply right-click on the image and select either "begin recording" (to record video to your PC) or "screenshot" (for a screenshot).

As far as I know all Dedicated machines have network access, you simply need a router and a static IP address on sight. And Dedicated machines have the most user friendly interface of any DVR I know of.

Also, some DVRs have an external CD burner. They say that the ones that don't can be connected to an external CD burner via the SCSI port. True as far as that goes, but its simply impossible to find an external CD burner that uses a SCSI port as they haven't made them in about six years. So you'll either be saving video to your PC (uncompressed, with a resultant loss in clarity) or not at all.

If you want to see what a screenshot looks like, here:

This is one of a series of screenshots that resulted in a conviction for a shoplifter who took a few mobile phones from my customer. I handed the detectives a CD full of screenshots and video within 4 hours of the theft (the customer is a friend of mine).

post-5797-1127696725_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lee Tracey
We have at work the following system which has currently a broken multiplexer.

Chubb CHL DX16C.

Sanyo 24 Timelapse video.

The multiplexer won`t playback any pictures and the engineer is putting in a quote to my headoffice. The video is fairly old aswell and a previous engineer said it has used over its recommended hours.

I would like a digital system.... but have no idea of the costs.

I would like to put a case to my Loss Prevention Officer to put in a digital recorder instead of replacing the Multipler and then the video later (probably).

Can the existing cameras be used? There are 12 colour cameras. I recently had 4 new VISTA camera added.

What are the costs of each system?

Many thanks

Your cameras are perfect for any DVR. A quality 16 channel DVR that would allow you to throw the Chubb gear and the multiplexers in the dustbin, where they belong, would be about £3,880 including installation by a good installer. You should always buy from a professional installer and never try to save a few pounds by buying direct from some YO YO. It will cost you much more in the end. You need technical support, service and backup and that is what you get from a good installer. If you choose a good installer and tell him to get in touch with me I will suggest a superb DVR to him that will allow him to charge you the price quoted.

Lee Tracey

dvr@dsl.pipex.com

Mike

Archived