Security Installer Community

bell box's

nah hes got one of them police scanners tuned into //.National Installer.// service.. :fear:

69084[/snapback]

Actually the last one came from Carlisle, the building had been stripped inside but the bell was still there for me, easy £36 for five mins effort.

What was amusing was getting a message asking if was sure it had a strobe attached as //.National Installer.// bells dont have strobes and he knew this coz he had been fitting them for a living for the last 4 years. :hmm: Flippin kids eh. :bird:

We never sold any on ebay or online - and won't be either. Very much for the reasons you have said. Was dead set against the idea in the first place. Long story - don't want to go into it.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Guest MSI New York

Cheapen //.National Installer.//'S image? If //.National Installer.// worked really, really hard they might get all the way up to "incompotent". That's here, anyway, it may be different on your side of the pond. The worst horror stories start with "So the customer finally got fed up with //.National Installer.// and called me in to repair the abortion they installed..." and "So the customer just bought a house and called me. I pulled up to the house and I saw the //.National Installer.// lawn sign and...".

I haven't heard about the bell boxes on Ebay, but I do know //.National Installer.// sells do-it-yourself CCTV kits in Home Depots around the country. $500 gets you 4 BW cameras with 100 foot spools of plug-and-play wires, and a monitor with a built in multiplexor. Another $150 gets you the version with the color cams and the built-in VCR. Included are large //.National Installer.// stickers for the window, and the monitor has a large //.National Installer.// logo on it. Many bodegas in Brooklyn and Queens have the cameras with the monitor on the counter. The installs look awful- wires clotheslining across the ceiling and running down the wall held on by duct tape. IMHO, it does dilute the company's image even further than the usually retarded installs one by the company.

What was amusing was getting a message asking if was sure it had a strobe attached as //.National Installer.// bells dont have strobes and he knew this coz he had been fitting them for a living for the last 4 years. :hmm: Flippin kids eh. :bird:

69086[/snapback]

One of our (ex) engineers rang me once to ask how to stop the external sounder ringing, he had 'just changed a rio and now the external sounder wont stop'.

I told him that he'd probably popped the fuse or connected the hold off wrong and he hung up to go and check. He rang me half an hour later to say he'd sorted it, these were his exact words....

'Sussed it mate, you'll never guess what it was ? I opened the bell and there was some little battery thing in there ! Once I took that off it was ok !'

I was gobsmacked :no:

Went there myself later to 'do an audit' (put it right !)

'Sussed it mate, you'll never guess what it was ? I opened the bell and there was some little battery thing in there ! Once I took that off it was ok !'

69124[/snapback]

Noted. ;)

Archived