Security Installer Community

Alarm Instalations ang legislation

Guest Arch

Ok Ian thanks for your help but I was looking for advice not someone like you who knows nothing about aircraft or the way they are maintained or the compexity of the systems. I am not trying to tell you how to do your job just using this forum to seek advice on a sublject I do not profess to be an expert on. So do not try and tell me how simple my job is or even hint at my abilities as you are well wide of the mark on both counts. But if you want a debate on the compexity and requirements of each others jobs then I am happy to oblige but I do not think it would be either productive or useful.

Perhaps my initial assesment of this forum as a sound place where knowledgeable people shared information freely was wrong it may be a tool for some to massage their ego's. :ranting:

70939[/snapback]

You want to learn to read, i didnt say aircraft electronics were simple, quite the opposite if your read it again.

And i did give freely help and advice (in each posting) i was merely trying to point out why Scantronic dont support the end user.

And i certainly didnt make any assumptions about your knowledge, something you seem to have done regarding my knowledge of aircraft.

OK Ian sorry about that I may have mis-interpreted what you were saying but I thought there was an inference there.

I will now check the on load and off load voltages and the current draw in alarm mode and if necessary recheck the wiring incase a high resistance somewhere is causing the problem.

I note and accept the points ref Scantronic's and their Tech Support and the reasoning behind this.

cheers

Arch

what is your aux voltage with nothing connected ??? it should be around 13.8 volts dc

and also your power into the board straight from the transformer (purple leads onto the board) shouls be around 25 volts ac

is there any legislation that states that a non monitored alarm system has to be installed by a profession alarm company/installer?

70912[/snapback]

No but their bloody should be, how about any sounder fitted externally which is louder than 60db, should be installed & maintained by a company that is recognised by an inspectorate.

Archived