Security Installer Community

Accord XPC Problem (was ADT)

Guest Polybear

How much does RAC/AA etc. breakdown & rescue cover cost? A hell of a lot less than that. And they don't bill you on top of what you have already paid.

They wont do a permanent repair or fix though so thats a pointless argument.

The plain fact is no one is likely to give you an engineers code, its quite possible that none of the engineers here knows what it would be anyway.

As has been previously mentioned our best advice to you is to call out a proffessional and have the job done properly with some form of gaurantee.

I suspect you will attempt the job yourself and wish you good luck. :whistle:

this type of topic makes me laugh

if you are so against paying //.National Installer.//'s prices why have the alarm system fit in the 1st place. unless the system was there when you moved in it you probbably choose the name of the company thinking the back up would be there if required.

you are not paying for just the service of the alarm system you are paying for an engineer to come out to problems at all hours and for the expert knowledge of fault finding that they have to ensure disruption to you system is to a minium.

with regard to the comment about the AA/RAC you get what you pay for which is normally your car dropped of at home not fixed. if you pay the basic package you are charged for towing.

if we are using cars as an example my father drives an Audi when he takes it in for a service he is charged £10 to fill up his water bottle even if it is full Audi claim that it is part of the service charges even if the bottle is full. the service is normally around £350.00 which he can get at my garage for less or alot less if he did it himself.

hope the work on your panel goes well my advice would be to contact some local firms and ask about there service packages. As you said if the bells are ringing during the night 4 hours can be a long time but it will be even longer if you cannot fix it yourself and your neighbours complain to the council

Mark Smith, Director, S M Fire & Security Ltd, Bradford

Archived