Security Installer Community

CCTV voice speakers

Guest barrett90

Guest barrett90

Can anyone suggest a good loudspeaker that could be triggered from the alarm output on a Dennard external dome? something compact and decent looking would be preferred as its for a domestic install. There is preinstalled co-ax to the tower positions which means all equipment for the speaker and message must be located at the camera tower position. It only needs to be able to give a short voice warning message.

I checked the drx pdf and it showed 1 alarm output.

I think the theory is you wire the detectors to the inputs to drive the ptz, then the output activates to trigger recording or transmission, with the ptz at the appropriate preset.

If you don't know......ask.

Cant argue with you or the reasons why, i cant find anything like that and cant say ive ever seen an output from a dome or the receiver.

But there you go, the other reason would be to trigger a message generator....... :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

Would a little unit with a PTZ address to activate/deactivate a relay be worth designing ? Also N R Bardwell in Sheffield sell small cheap modules with a built in alert voice but they require + and - 9 volts.

Archived