Security Installer Community

review this DVR please

jizzer

Not a bad spec for a cheapy, 60fps is probably for 1 channel though, so would be 15fps if recording 4.

Warning: the linked pdf above is 25Mb..

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

The other does have more audio inputs but for some reason only records on 1 at a time, probably dependant on camera trigger and dwell times per camera.

The 7220 records at 25fps per camera and has no audio input.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

The 7220xm 250gb looks ok, What does that sun tanned bloke say "Cheap as chips" :P . Depending what the job is it will be ok as the lower part of the range DVRs go.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

The downloadable instructions and the spec link on the r200 seem to give different fps rates ??

The 7220 mn Does have audio in if you click on the spec link.

Just another question this unit will be fitted in my loft and networked to a pc and also from the monitor out via a modulator fed into the house tv dist system. I want to be able to also control the functions of the dvr from the living room ....I was thinking of an infra red remote control extender ? do you think this is do-able (is that a word??) anyway any advice taken ..Thanks

Not to sure about the remote control, You used to able to get these 5 in 1 things that learnt the IR signal, try maplins ?. I dont think it will work through walls.

If you network the DVR to your PC then you will be able to control it via panel emulation on your PC monitor.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Heres an idea why not put the DVR in living room, not as bad as you think(honest). You can get very small coax in white, same size as normal alarm cable. Just as a temp fix put it in some 16x25mm trunking then next time you decorate sink it in. It could be a better option. :)

Forget that, get the IR link thing as that looks a good bit of kit.

Archived