Security Installer Community

review this DVR please

jizzer

Too late already cabled to loft position...ethernet/phone point /cam cables/modulator cable/12vdc supply....also thought it would be more secure ie if someone were to break in dont want them taking the nice mug shots of thier scum bag faces with them.!!

Fair point, go for it and have fun mate cheers .

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Guest deefadog

I am in the same boat as you mate, been looking at the 7220m (7220xm - renamed recentlly) and the r200 - only difference (as i don't know the quailty) is that the r200 has 4 audio in's for £100 extra, i know it has the network part, but i don't need that!

Just trying to decide if audio is worth the £100 extra?

Let me know if you find anything else

Good luck

I am in the same boat as you mate, been looking at the 7220m (7220xm - renamed recentlly) and the r200 - only difference (as i don't know the quailty) is that the r200 has 4 audio in's for £100 extra, i know it has the network part, but i don't need that!

Just trying to decide if audio is worth the £100 extra?

Let me know if you find anything else

Good luck

Yes I emailed Rf concepts regarding the different specs on fps they Said the following on the R200......

" I think what you are referring to is the difference between Frames per second and Fields per second in NTSC format. There are 2 Frames in a Field".

I then asked them to comfirm the Frames per sec in pal and they said "It is 100 frames per second in Pal or 120 frames per second in NTSC"

The spec seems the same as the 720xm I agree, regarding the 4 audio inputs it may have 4 inputs but can only record any 1 at any time so that is really not an issue for me the R200 lookas a nicer unit but at the end of the day its recording quality V price that cuts it for me ....having said all theat I still havent made my mind up .

Guest deefadog

Me too mate, although sub £300 is not alot for a dvr, it is to me, i can't afford more than £300, i have saved a while for this, so the choice is even more tedious to say the least!

Btw i bought a 420 line day/night camera off ebay (£32), it arrived today, great little thing on a tv anyway! test so far does exactly what i want, although the instructions are farscical - it's from Hong kong and the english is very amusing!

I'll post them up when i get a chance :)

Let me know if you make a choice, as it seems we are both in the same boat!

I hate to be picky, but what I think RF concepts meant to say is .... there are two fields in a frame.

Either that or the electronics industry has been getting it wrong for perhaps the last fifty years :huh:

We installed a R200 yesterday for a domestic customer.

Nice bit of kit for the money with lots of features.

Manual is a bit naf as usual.

Whats the recording quality like and what type of cams did you hook up to it and did you get a chance to view the network features?

Archived