Security Installer Community

Any light types best for night time recording??

jizzer

Hi,

are there any type of light sources that give better results than other i.e halogen or Son lighting obviously it will need to be a compromise between running costs dont want the leccy meter wheel going into melt down.

I know different types of bulbs give differing light colours just wondering if any have an advantage I have never used THIS type of energy efficient flood before wondered what you think will it give instant light as a halogen could then use with a pir or might take a while to "warm "up.

I use the Sodium version on my home, yeah it takes a few minutes to warm up but doesn't spin the meter much (7p per 9 hours). Still got the origional bulb in to, so doesn't hasn't cost me anything except the purchase price as of yet. I also find that the light it gives of isn't too overpowering or concentrated.

Yeah I know you cant beat the IR floods, or the newer LED floods but the sodium has been ok so far, and cost a fraction of the cost of the IR or LED.

70W Sodium Flood

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

On a cold night it would take a few seconds to get full brightness say 20 seconds or so, but you would have light after a couple of seconds just not full brightness. Lamp life is reduced if it is reguly switch on and off.

I can spell honest.

Dave yours isnt on a pir is it.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived