Security Installer Community

A few camera questions

Guest deefadog

Yes, read the thread!

hopefully it will be good, i think the extra will be worth it for the audio!

From what i can see you can add 4 seperate microphones, and it will only record the sound depending on which camera is activated via the motion detection, does this read the same to you?

Also I want to out put each camera through the loop through and connect it to an RF module, then i can connect that up to my TV's

As the r200 only has 1 audio output, does this mean it will output the audio for which ever camera it has been set up with?

I think the sound output will probably output from which ever cam has been triggerd/selected I would output from the monitor connection to an RF modulator rather than the loops or else you will have to have 4 modulators one on each loop and select four different channels on the tv to view the 4 cams..You could set the display to quad mode and you would see all 4 cams on the Tv picture .

I intend to mount this unit in my loft and control via Pc (networked) but also with the unit having infrared control remote I am looking to control it also from the living room via a remote extender either transmitter and receiver type or am looking into the TV link type.

You could also go for the 720MN model 50 quid cheaper also able to network and still has one audio channel.

Dont forget the prices are PLUS VAT

Guest deefadog

I was hoping that would be the case, i may still out put through 4 modulators, as it would be nice just to view any camera in full from any tv, but if the quad is bigenough i'll just use that!

With the 720MN, is it 4 ch sound in and 1 ch sound out like the r200? i flicked through the manual but it did not really say, there nothing between them if it is, except maybe the quality which is difficult as you need to see one working, but if baywatch reports back and says it is good quality, tv quality is all i am after anyway, then i'll go for that one!

The tv link is a good idea, i have one of those links in each room now for sky digi! would it still work the same do you think? you would need a 5v output from the dvr for it to work, not sure if it has that option??

I was hoping that would be the case, i may still out put through 4 modulators, as it would be nice just to view any camera in full from any tv, but if the quad is bigenough i'll just use that!

With the 720MN, is it 4 ch sound in and 1 ch sound out like the r200? i flicked through the manual but it did not really say, there nothing between them if it is, except maybe the quality which is difficult as you need to see one working, but if baywatch reports back and says it is good quality, tv quality is all i am after anyway, then i'll go for that one!

The tv link is a good idea, i have one of those links in each room now for sky digi! would it still work the same do you think? you would need a 5v output from the dvr for it to work, not sure if it has that option??

No I think the 720mn just has one audio in..

If you were able to control the dvr via a remote extender you only need one modulator on the monitor out as you would be able to control the dvr with its own remote i.e select which cam you wanted to view etc.

This would mean placing the tv link plus in the loft with the blaster eye near the infra red reciever on the dvr recorder.I would then have to use a tv eye in the living room to control the functions of the DVR in the loft

regarding the tv link plus its not the standard tv link its THIS

Its really using it in reverse its meant to control equipment say in the living room DVD player vcr player and via a standard tv eye in the bedroom be able to control the equipment but I cannot see why it cannot be used the other way .Place the unit in the loft with the blaster eye near the dvr infrared sensor and via a standard tv eye in the living room, or where ever, control the dvr with its own remote.

Regarding the voltage if you are using sky the rf2 out on the sky box outputs the 9 v if not you can buy a power supply for the unit.

Guest deefadog

Ok, i think it will have to be the r200 unit then!

That's a great idea about the the TVlink, minw will alos be in the loft! it would solve my problem also! I wonder if it can be used with my existing tv links, so that i can view activate the dvr via any tv?

how much is the tvLINKplus btw?

Ok, i think it will have to be the r200 unit then!

That's a great idea about the the TVlink, minw will alos be in the loft! it would solve my problem also! I wonder if it can be used with my existing tv links, so that i can view activate the dvr via any tv?

how much is the tvLINKplus btw?

Yes you would be able to control from anywhere that has a tv link the tv link plus without power supply is about £20 ,with psu (if you dont have sky to power the links( about £30 if you navigate from the link and click on the on line ordering button you can get to the tv link shop and buy direct.

• 2 weeks later...

The R200 has been running for 2weeks now.

The motion detection & audio recording are working fine, motion doesn't pick up lots of chickens but triggers as soon as human enters area. Live and playback images good, customer happy.

Customer has ordered 2 more cameras (only started with 2) and is very pleased, playback & search quite easy using remote.

Not networked, seems good dvr for price.

Also customers wife had easily learned to use it properly before I returned & it was solving their particular problem.

Guest deefadog

Thanks Baywatch!

So you reccomend it for my use which would be a view of around 5-6 metres max, would the recorded image be able record a face and be of good enough quality for use as evidence?

Thanks

The dvr records a nice clear image.

Your main concern should be the choice of camera & lens with partcular attention to lighting & backlighting.

If you present this dvr with a good image then the recorded data will certainly be acceptable.

We will be using them again, especially with audio.

Archived