Security Installer Community

how to wire external trigger on day/night mode

Guest Zark

I manage a sleep lab in the United States. We have several Sony SSC-E473 SuperExwave color cameras that work OK except that I need them to switch to night mode at higher light levels (dim incandescent) than their programming will allow. I am using IR lights. The cameras are being used to record medical procedures.

The manufacturer's instruction sheet is unclear, at least to me, on how to hook up the external day/night trigger control. Here is what it says:

Pin #1: External Control Output. Outputs the color/B&W switching signal.

Pin #2: COM. Ground for External Control In/Out.

Pin #3: External Control Input. (Accepts high impedance signal only.) When H (+5V) is applied between this terminal and COM, color mode is selected. When L (0V) is applied, B&W is selected.

Have any of you used this camera or ones similar and hooked up the external trigger to switch between day/night modes?

Any insight on how to get this working is much appreciated.

Thanks

Zark

Hi Zark

What are you using for the Day/Night trigger?

You need to know the 3 conections of the day night trigger you are using.

Basically, it sounds like your external trigger will supply 0 volts between pins 2 and 3 for B&W operation, then it will supply +5 volts to switch the camera to colour mode.

Pin 1 sounds like its the signal telling the external trigger what state the camera is currently in.

Do you have information on the external trigger?

Archived