Security Installer Community

laptop computer

kka

i am looking to purchase a laptop computer. to help me with my alarm business (hopefully all aspects of it)does anybody have any good advice as to which one to buy, and why this particular one

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

i am looking to purchase a laptop computer. to help me with my alarm business (hopefully all aspects of it)does anybody have any good advice as to which one to buy, and why this particular one
Rule of thumb. Always buy last years best model. but remember you need the serial lead.

Jef

Customers!

I wouldnt buy anything except IBM, pricey but the best.

Who else uses titanium for their lids instead of plastic?

For heavy duty apps panasonic do their 'toughbook' range.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest IM_Alarms

I would say Dell too, and agree with the last years best comment. Check for the serial port too as not all newer models have this.

You can find a lot of dealers that do lease returns, where the owners have been high flying office bods who have only had it a year, rarely used it and now want the newest model, cos their firm is sucker enough to get it for them. There seems to be a lot of dealers selling this kind of stuff, which they call reconditioned or 'serviced', when all they've had to do is dump the old **** off and load the basics.

Good luck

Always found Toshiba to be sturdy and reliable, had problems with sony's in the past, 2 failed on me :(

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

If its just for programming panels I would get a basic spec machine soley for that purpose of ebay, as someone is less likely to pinch it while your commisioning a job. Get a decent one for the office and keep it there and only use when you need to.

Check your insurance covers the laptop also, as some insurers will insist on it being in a laptop safe(vehicle mounted) when it is out of the office.

We have a old Toshiba and a couple of IBM Thinkbooks that we use for programming as you dont need a fast machine.

Archived