Security Installer Community

shock sensors

kka

how do i check to see if shock sensors are working. never fitted or come across them yet, until now, repair/service job, nine shock sensor and six pirs. shock sensors are fitted on patio doors and windows.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

how do i check to see if shock sensors are working. never fitted or come across them yet, until now, repair/service job, nine shock sensor and six pirs. shock sensors are fitted on patio doors and windows.

Get right up close, real close be as quiet as a mouse for a few seconds..............................then with every last ounce of breath shout BOO! If that dont shock em nothing will........

It depends on the type and the way they are set up but tapping them works for me usually.

It depends on the type and the way they are set up but tapping them works for me usually.

QFA

tap with the end of your terminal or you can also get a calibration tool.

Do you work for a security company?

I've got a tester, had years now so don't know if you can still get them but was made by Viper

I have one, it's a centre punch with a blunt end! I use my special terminal driver.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

As above

But you do need to know what type you are testing as differing types can be tested in different ways and can also be adjusted in differing ways too.

They can also be analized in differings ways.

One important point is not to have them set too sensitive so that Ians test does not set them off.

Best wishes

Vince

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

QFA

tap with the end of your terminal or you can also get a calibration tool.

Do you work for a security company?

no i work for myself

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived