Security Installer Community

online suppliers of castle panels?

jonnyboy

Who says you can't have two biscuits in the same case, Just done a G3 install with two biscuits per dualtec for masking etc

id biscuits should be 1M apart otherwise you'll get a twin device faults on your install.

id biscuits should be 1M apart otherwise you'll get a twin device faults on your install.

Where does it state that?. Have been told by ADE + Castle + Menvier in the past that to prove if a biscuit is causing a problem then double it up in the detector. The Castle G3 iD range require 2 biscuits per detector if using masking. Have done this on two sites without any twin device problems.

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Where does it state that?. Have been told by ADE + Castle + Menvier in the past that to prove if a biscuit is causing a problem then double it up in the detector. The Castle G3 iD range require 2 biscuits per detector if using masking. Have done this on two sites without any twin device problems.

Never come across this problem before - I have often put 2 biscuits into one detector (SEQuad), or two M/C next to each other on a double door, and this has not caused twin-device.

Twin device comes from a number of causes, and in my experience, biscuits installed too close to each other is not one of them.

D7

Sorry should have also put that the second biscuit is purely for diagnostic purposes to see if what is happening to the supposedly faulty biscuit also happens to the second biscuit

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

• 2 weeks later...

I deal with our companys fault finding and have spent many an hour looking at twin device faults I guarantee you twin device faults arent caused by chip proximity, most likley causes (in my experience) are ID line voltage fluctuations (put caps in end of runs) or quite often from faulty tamper switches on PIRs also when ID plus first came out we got a full batch of faulty chips which caused everything from twin device to chip 3s thinking they were chip 9s, lots of fun. Good systems when they settle down though. As a last resort we slow the scan rate or alter the XDF mode if we get lots of problems on a system

Archived