Security Installer Community

Maintenance agreement

jb-eye

I rarely post in this part of the forums but this may cause some to consider the benifits our industrys offers.

I was duty engineer last night. And about half past midnight I got a call from a guy who said he had one of our alarm systems. I asked for the contract ref but nothing came up. So I asked was he sure he was a contract customer.

Customers!

well done mate, even if they are a contract customer & they get abbusive I will tell them to go and boil there heads. I know my H.O. will back me 100% and the next day when the customer has had time to see the error of there ways we will then send an engineer. :)

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

I rarely post in this part of the forums but this may cause some to consider the benifits our industrys offers.

I was duty engineer last night. And about half past midnight I got a call from a guy who said he had one of our alarm systems. I asked for the contract ref but nothing came up. So I asked was he sure he was a contract customer.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Do you always not respond to non-contract "clients" with faults, or do you sometimes offer them an emergency call-out but at non-contract rates?
No contract! NO SERVICE. But it never fails to impress me how much people offer to pay at 3am and they cant shutt the alarm of even after pulling the fuse and disconecting the battery. Our caller forwarding message is quite clear "This service is for contract customers only, please have your contract reference to hand and press 2 for a service engineer"

Jef

Customers!

I had a maintenance agrement with a hotel recently, I had booked the visit in and duly arrived only to be told, I forgot you were coming, sorry but I've gone back to the old company they offered me a better deal and theyre round the corner. By the way Ive got an emergency light thats not working can you replace it for me while youre here........DUH!!! YEAH RIGHT!!! :realmad:

Bri

trade.gif

I had a maintenance agrement with a hotel recently, I had booked the visit in and duly arrived only to be told, I forgot you were coming, sorry but I've gone back to the old company they offered me a better deal and theyre round the corner. By the way Ive got an emergency light thats not working can you replace it for me while youre here........DUH!!! YEAH RIGHT!!! :realmad:
Bri. did you charge them anyway? I some times think i may be one of the few that only use formal contracts. I would never let a customer treat me like that without being paid in accordance with T&C.

Jef

Customers!

Bri. did you charge them anyway? I some times think i may be one of the few that only use formal contracts. I would never let a customer treat me like that without being paid in accordance with T&C.

Jef

Here here, I also believe that we should be charging for no access appointments.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Hmm thas nothing, i drove to Truro (2.5hrs each way) a couple of weeks back on a callout only to get a phone call 5 mins from job cancelling me saying theyd fixed it.

Thanks a lot i really love driving about the countryside for 5 hours at night. :ranting:

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Do you always not respond to non-contract "clients" with faults, or do you sometimes offer them an emergency call-out but at non-contract rates?

If it's me on call (& I don't like call out), I'll do my best not to on a non contracted system and mostly would only ever down power a faulty non maintained system (unless it was something simple to fix), saying give us a call in the morning for a service agreement & visit.

It's always cash up front on such a call & It's discretional too, when my lads are on call.

Depending on what happens, if they call us back, upgrade, go monitored, sign up for 3 / 5 years etc, I may waive the fee for the call out (knocked off the upgrade bill or that's what they think, oop's public forum :D ), which is very much more than it would normally be.

Only ever had one such call try and cancel the visit whilst en route, I turned up on his door, billed him anyway & he paid thankfully.

Chris

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Archived