Security Installer Community

smokecloak

paul fae kings

Just had a training day for Smokecloak.I was a bit sceptical beforehand,but having seen it in action i was well impressed.

Within 15 seconds you couldnt see your hand in front of your face.Also connection to and operation of unit is surprisingly straightforward.

Just wondered if anybody else out there has had any experience of it in the past,and what your opinions were

I have researched it a bit, and admit I am sceptical!

A) Will customers be willing to pay for this?

B) Are any of the big boys using it (ie in stores? - well I aint seen any!)

C) Are they reliable?

D) If a thief was breaking into a store that could afford smoke cloak - like a jewlerrs, then surely they would be prepared to deal with smoke cloak using thermal imaging or night vision?

E) What if the damn thing cloggs? Or leaks onto expesive cloathing? Are we not liable?

Yep, im sceptical!

D

Guest andy jinks

ive fitted about 10 smokecloaks and they do seem to do the job.

We have a customer that was having a lot of breakings where they was just getting in and out before the k holder - police could get there ,now with the smoke they tryed the first time found that they was taking to much time and left with nothing.

just a small note .....on the funny side

the same customer was called out to the alarm that had gone off (dodgy smart p.s.u) when he got there he found the fire brigade trying to break into his unit , someone had seen the smoke and phoned them.He had just spent loads on having new metal doors any got quite upset about the fireman hitting it with a big axe..

we are getting people asking for smokecloak now as the insurance companys are pushing it so im sure we will be fitting more .....

as long as the batterys are changed and the fault outputs are used there doesnt seem to be a prob, as for thermal cams and the like james bond - CIA - MI5 - FBI MI6 have left us alone so far, but i will check

Dale

These systems are being used by Tesco in there convenience stores that are poping up around the country. They had a break in at a store in west sussex earlier in the month and the thieves left with about £30 worth of stock, which is good compaired to some of the amounts i have seen taken before.

So i would say they are a winner!

Dale,i think as long as the bottle of fluid is changed regularly,then the smoke is moisture free.

Also the batteries need to be changed every couple of years as they are not just for back up power,but supply the unit with a large quantity of its current draw during an activation.

We do work for a large chain,who have one in every store(takeovers)

As for installing one from scratch I will find out shortly if its as easy as it looks

Generally though it seems a good idea (i think).

cheers

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mike Hudson

Smoke Security is an excellent concept....but I would say that!

I represent Protect UK, our product creator was from Martin (Smokecloak) and he felt that he could take the smoke security concept further providing a better bit of kit for engineers that is more affordable to the customer.

Last year Oct 2002-Jin 2003 our product was on test along with others for a national high street retailer who was evaluating similar products before selecting the Protect model.

Why do we beleive it is better -

Cost - Approx half the price of a similar performing alternative.

Performance - Producing 375 cubic meters in 1 minute or 950 cubic meter in 30 seconds

Looks - Attractive to the eye and does not need to be concelled

Weight - 10kg not 32 kg - Easier to install

Service - No need to change the fluid

I could go on....if you are interested please e-mail mike.hudson@protect.dk (we are based in the UK)

• 3 months later...

Smoke cloak will likely set off fire alarm if smoke detector is in protected area, if it is monitored the fire brigade will be on their way. You could swap the device to a heat or co detector.

Archived