Security Installer Community

smokecloak

paul fae kings

most of the blockbuster video shops i have been to have em and also all the american golf shops.

i have one at home not always set up but in the summer if i have a BBQ and my mates are round and we have had plenty of stella i will set it off in the garden

well funny only problem is the warm up time and the 2KW it takes.

I have installed many smokecloaks now at blockbusters and other national account jobs.

the best effect i have seen with the smokecloak is a high powered strobe light and a white noise speaker added to the room you want to protect.

the effect is totally weired to say the least.

i couldnt find my way out of the room when testing and wont be repeating the experience in future. :o

Guest Andyp

Hi all

The concept of smoke security is good and I have seen many successfully installed systems without problems.

I did however hear a story that I believe is true that made me laugh.

One of the main manufacturers of a smoke product was at the head office of a major national installer demonstrating the product and showing videos and presentations of how brilliant their product was. The moment of truth came when the presenter set off the system in the demo room in front of a waiting audience. The unit worked perfectly and no-one could see anything. The assembled managers and directors were amazed.

The presenter decided that they had seen enough and it was time to close the deal, so he opened a few windows to let the smoke escape.

After a few minutes the smoke had cleared enough to enable the presenter, as well as the managers and directors to see that someone had leaned through the open window and stolen the presenters video recorder off the TV stand!!!!!

PRICELESS. :D

Archived