Security Installer Community

Anyone Want A Repair Job?

Guest nhastie

Guest nhastie

Hi All,

Anyone on this forum want to price to repair a DM Digital Sprite 1, I just bought from a friend?

Its 4 years old and I`m told has suffered a hard drive failure.

Model number: DS DX16-C-2X75GB

It currently has x2 75 GIG HD`s and ideally I`d like it upgraded to maximum capacity at the same time, which I understand is 150GB.

Not bothered about a software version upgrade.

Regards, Nigel, Tyne and Wear.

It currently has x2 75 GIG HD`s and ideally I`d like it upgraded to maximum capacity at the same time, which I understand is 150GB.

Is 2x75 not 150 any more then? What's the new rules re: mathematics? Are they now part of the building regs too, or is it only long division and single figure multiplications that have changed?

Hi All,

Anyone on this forum want to price to repair a DM Digital Sprite 1, I just bought from a friend?

Its 4 years old and I`m told has suffered a hard drive failure.

Model number: DS DX16-C-2X75GB

Not bothered about a software version upgrade.

Regards, Nigel, Tyne and Wear.

Can't you just take the 2 existing disks out yourself and go to a computer shop and ask them for 2 new ones??

Another classic mod post! Why? :hmm:

Pardon?

Missus burnt your tea or something?

Can't you just take the 2 existing disks out yourself and go to a computer shop and ask them for 2 new ones??

I was going to suggest that but some DVR's have been known to be tempremental with makes other than what the manufacturers have specified. Bit of an expensive way of doing 'trial and error' repairs!

Is 2x75 not 150 any more then? What's the new rules re: mathematics? Are they now part of the building regs too, or is it only long division and single figure multiplications that have changed?

Well in most DM units if they have RAID storage then 2 x 75 is still 75

Nope, DMs operating system is on one of the disc's, so you would need to get hold of it to put it back on one of the disks.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Well in most DM units if they have RAID storage then 2 x 75 is still 75

Nope, DMs operating system is on one of the disc's, so you would need to get hold of it to put it back on one of the disks.

Gotcha! What DVR's do everyone else use? We have been using Videoswitch but are now looking at eneo.

Archived