Security Installer Community

Covert Cameras

Guest priory1994

Guest priory1994

Hi there, has any one heard of the covert smoke detector cameras which uses a memory card to store the images. My client has specified this.

Guest priory1994
No but have fitted Raid cam. Its a stand alown pir digi camera with memory card in it and linked to a panic button.

I have tried GBC but they haven't anything like this. Who would stock something like this?

Guest priory1994

Thanks Rich, I will pass this information onto my client. If you can find the info on the smoke detector version I would be very grateful.

Guest k_jensen

I have been using some from Videortechnical in Germany. It comes standard with a 32MB card holding up to 1500 pictures (depends on quality) It has remote control, schedule function etc.

Regards

Jensen

• 3 weeks later...
Guest matopia

On the same topic of Covert Cameras, would anyone recommend / has used / has experience with / would not recommend / the following covert camera selling at Iview

for

Not a big fan of pin hole cameras fitted in boxes, I always find it very hard to get the right view. They are ok if fitted at head height but anything above that and you will need to angle the box down a lot.

You could mount a small camera inside a halogen fitting or get a bullet camera and fit it under your sofit, fairly hard to see. The bullets tend to have audio on aswell.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

With the microwave camera, anyone with a reciever will be able to view your cameras, wired would be best for CCTV and you would be well advised to get cameras with a better night vision capability.

Archived