Security Installer Community

Scantronic "en" Panels

Guest disstressed

Guest disstressed

what do you think of this product? keypads lock out, panel crashes , 9853 type has to be defaulted and reprogrammed prior to installation!!!! outputs do not repond to programming. exit terminator has a perminent short. code block in engineers menu whilst trying to programme unit. will not show open zone faults on display until you programme ccts into part set(although part set is not used). displays all zones not programmed as used during exit timers as system zone faults, battery fault zone option will not send restore. this is approx 20 new panels worth of faults.

technical support switching support lines off during working hours- have i missed anything out? only galaxy" en" products seem to be anywhere near what it says on the tin. does anyone else recommend a mid priced product in place of the scantronic joke?

what do you think of this product? keypads lock out, panel crashes , 9853 type has to be defaulted and reprogrammed prior to installation!!!! outputs do not repond to programming. exit terminator has a perminent short. code block in engineers menu whilst trying to programme unit. will not show open zone faults on display until you programme ccts into part set(although part set is not used). displays all zones not programmed as used during exit timers as system zone faults, battery fault zone option will not send restore. this is approx 20 new panels worth of faults.

technical support switching support lines off during working hours- have i missed anything out? only galaxy" en" products seem to be anywhere near what it says on the tin. does anyone else recommend a mid priced product in place of the scantronic joke?

I had never used scanny until I started working for my current firm, we use scan for everything here except bigger jobs which get Menvier. I am Menvier through and through and wish that we only used them! However, pre-EN scanny's are simple to program do the job well enough (simple domestic or commercial) very rarely go wrong (except for onboard digi but I think that was a dodgy batch) and most importantly they are cheap as chips (especially if you are NASIC)!!

We are putting in EN scanny's now and the only fault I have come across was the new keypad not accepting a tag.

What I would like to know - is anyone using the M series panels for everything and are there any problems with these???

I have always found the Scantronic range to be engineer unfriendly, the last good all-rounder was the 9500, way ahead of it's time, but all downhill since.

I'm surprised that you say they are engineer unfriendly - with common programming options across the range I find them extremely easy to program. I do find them user unfriendly sometimes as they can be difficult to get back to day mode if you've cocked up the code for example.

At first programming seemed a bit ass about tit but once your used to it not that bad but i agree it shouldnt be that way, but what i found out this week is the new keypad doesnt come as standard which is **** and the new keypads are not available which is **** and when they are available and on a job which needs a prox rkp and stanard one the keypads wont match which is **** again why not get rid of the old manky keypad and stick with the new, which on that basis makes scanny look ass about tit.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

At first programming seemed a bit ass about tit but once your used to it not that bad but i agree it shouldnt be that way, but what i found out this week is the new keypad doesnt come as standard which is **** and the new keypads are not available which is **** and when they are available and on a job which needs a prox rkp and stanard one the keypads wont match which is **** again why not get rid of the old manky keypad and stick with the new, which on that basis makes scanny look ass about tit.

had loads of problems with scany keyprox,that little prox mod which fits on the back of the keypad..well :no: tho whoever designed it made a good job of the size to fit in the limited space between the backplate tho thats the only good bit :cold2:

galaxy leading the way again... :whistle:

Yeah but the MKVII is a terribly built keypad, the tamper system is rubbish.

We have had a number of problems on the 9853 and are now trialling the Galaxy G2 range.

Still think its a shame the classic is no more.

The best bar none.

Who do you work for ALSEC? does carlos cover your area?

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

He works for ######### in ###### so yes Carlos covers

At least give me a chance to answer....

Venture arn't NASIC either. I'm not trying to defend the scanny, I'd rather be using something else aswell, but that decision isn't mine. I have been asked for my input, however, there is a lot of resistance from other engineers from moving away from scanny becuase that's what they all know.

Who do you work for ALSEC? does carlos cover your area?

As Mark said, however, funnily enough I live in Somerset! Tintinhull, just outside town.

At least give me a chance to answer....

Venture arn't NASIC either. I'm not trying to defend the scanny, I'd rather be using something else aswell, but that decision isn't mine. I have been asked for my input, however, there is a lot of resistance from other engineers from moving away from scanny becuase that's what they all know.

As Mark said, however, funnily enough I live in Somerset! Tintinhull, just outside town.

small world! Brother lives in Ash

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

He works for ######### in ####### so yes Carlos covers

Post edited as the Trade member may NOT have wanted his working details made public.

Thanks Dave, I wasn't too happy to see that on there but as it was already on I didn't make a fuss. Would have been different if it was in a public room.

Archived