Security Installer Community

Jack Of All Trades

it was reference to the 'hobby installers' which i cant understand how they get trade status..if you buy a panel are you then trade...it was quite hard to get trade at one time...

hi

the term hobby business is one used by banks to refer to people setting up business as a hobby.

when i strated my firm 7 years ago due to employment issuesthebankopened the accounts and regarded itas a hobby business ithas noeffect on your abilities orstanding as a bonafide company. i had employees working for the company provided a full callout and installation service but wasstill regarded as a hobby business i only left employment when i got apporvals

Mark Smith, Director, S M Fire & Security Ltd, Bradford

it was reference to the 'hobby installers' which i cant understand how they get trade status..

If someone is full time employed at, say, //.National Installer.// and they fit alarms in the evening they are hobby installers, and full time engineers for the worlds largest company. They are trade.

Not sure what you mean, need to elaborate or don't bother.

if you buy a panel are you then trade...

No.

it was quite hard to get trade at one time...

It still is. Just because a couple of people have decided that they don't like hobby installers doesn't mean that everyone not NSI Gold should be shot.

it was reference to the 'hobby installers' which i cant understand how they get trade status..if you buy a panel are you then trade...it was quite hard to get trade at one time...
It has never been harder to get Trade Status...? Just look at our requirements.
Employees:

1. All applicants must be currently employed by a company offering installation, service and maintenance to electronic security systems.

2. All approved applications are valid for 12 months.

3. All applicants are subject to a one month probationary period.

4. All applicants must seek permission from their employer to use their employer

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

It still is. Just because a couple of people have decided that they don't like hobby installers doesn't mean that everyone not NSI Gold should be shot.

me?

Archived