Security Installer Community

Old Panel - Anyone Know?

Guest aechlin

That the one you had to put a hard NEG on a pin by the key switch to engineer reset ??

you could short the 2 pins below the psu with a big flatblade driver at the clunk was a good sound..better than bang anyway,, :bruce_h4h:

I still look after one for BK in Bury. Solid as a rock except the keyswitch going a few years back. My boss even found a new keyswitch and keys to change rather than having to upgrade for free (level 3).

However the LEDs and keyswitch are down the right hand side of panel.

I remember the first time I went to reset it and someone was trying to talk me through finding the reset pins over the phone. I still have to look hard to find them now each time I go.

Also since servicing BKs, I've never eaten a thing from there since! :whistle:

Service Engineer

My opinions may not reflect those of my employer, managers, colleagues, customers, friends, family or pet rabbit.

Guest aechlin
I think your right Selsport. I remember these when I was a kid. When My mums friend had hers I would always be around when The modern engineer would be servicing or repairing and asking for the old PCBs or any thing ells that he had in his van LOL :whistle:

I thought it was only me that did that!!! Amazing what you learn from our elders eh :)

So the community reckon its made by Ash Group and its either a 72 or a 80 series, would anyone happen to have a picture of the panel? I dont know why I feel it necessary to see it again......

I cannot find anything to do with Moder Alarms on the web????

I thought it was only me that did that!!! Amazing what you learn from our elders eh :)

So the community reckon its made by Ash Group and its either a 72 or a 80 series, would anyone happen to have a picture of the panel? I dont know why I feel it necessary to see it again......

80 and 74 attached poor pics tho..

Guest aechlin

Yep, its the 80 Series without doubt..... were they a good system in their day? I can recall the noise the old telephone (bell/ringer type) used to make when the alarm FA and signald, and you had to lift the receiver quick to stop local plod turning up with a disgruntled look on his face once he'd found out nothing were wrong :cry:

Alistair

Archived