Security Installer Community

Cctv In Pub Toilets

Guest mdhans

Does anybody know whether it is permissible to install a mic. in the toilets?? That could be handy to alert security staff if there is drug dealing, Etc taking place... or if a fight is kicking off... :hmm:

So long as its not a curry house. arggg

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Guest Trulloman

We have them in school toilets, only in the boys though and only looking across the basin areas not the urinals.

Caught some good images of a boy wetting loo paper and rolling it up in a ball and throwing it at the walls then he spotted the covert camera threw wet paper at it - great shot got the pin hole first time (wasted talent there). When confronted, he denied it was him - head got his parents in and the dad asked the kid one last time was it him? he still denied it, then the head played the footage on his PC. Good job the head didn't report the dad to social services when the kid went flying across his office after his dad clipped him around the head. He won't do that again. Then the bill for replacing camera whent to the parents, another wack around the head I think.

Same school a kid stole a camera, no footage of who stole it because he came at it from behind, but it showed another kid watching him steal it. When the other kid was confonted he wouldn't squeal on the guy. His form teacher said "leave it me, he will tell me who done it." The teacher went straight up to him and said "that camera you nicked?" and the kid replied "it wasn't me it was xxxxxxxxx" and said the other kids name. Another bill sent out.

Guest espsecurity

i am currently installing CCTV in a social club and have been asked if i can install cameras in both the ladies and gents, from looking around as long as there is adaquate signage and the cameras face neither the urinals or cubicles this is perfictly ok? can any one confirm, deny ordirect me to some legislation/regulation that will clarify?

Guest espsecurity
Again, fitted in schools and night clubs looking at sinks and general area not anywhere else..... for obvious reasons

This is what i thought, do you kow if i can ger evidence of this from anywhere, is it part of any regulation etc which i can show to the customer as proof they are not breaking any laws/human right etc?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SMTechnology
We have them in school toilets, only in the boys though and only looking across the basin areas not the urinals.

Caught some good images of a boy wetting loo paper and rolling it up in a ball and throwing it at the walls then he spotted the covert camera threw wet paper at it - great shot got the pin hole first time (wasted talent there). When confronted, he denied it was him - head got his parents in and the dad asked the kid one last time was it him? he still denied it, then the head played the footage on his PC. Good job the head didn't report the dad to social services when the kid went flying across his office after his dad clipped him around the head. He won't do that again. Then the bill for replacing camera whent to the parents, another wack around the head I think.

Same school a kid stole a camera, no footage of who stole it because he came at it from behind, but it showed another kid watching him steal it. When the other kid was confonted he wouldn't squeal on the guy. His form teacher said "leave it me, he will tell me who done it." The teacher went straight up to him and said "that camera you nicked?" and the kid replied "it wasn't me it was xxxxxxxxx" and said the other kids name. Another bill sent out.

Nice School!! :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I phoned the DPA people http://www.ico.gov.uk/eventual.aspx?id=5739 today as we are installing cameras into a Pubs toilets , they told the data protection would not apply as long as i used static cameras and not pointing at things i shouldnt, he told me Covert cameras are a big no, no and signage must be viewable on the entrance...

Archived