Security Installer Community

Aritech Cs250

Guest Bryan Rooney

Guest Bryan Rooney

Hi everybody,

I am completely new to alarms so please bear with me. Last week i got my hands on the above panel and keypad from a friend whose house is being tossed. I wasnt planning on a putting an alarm in my new house but decided to wire it for same, it's now plastered.

I managed to figure out how the whole system works (with a little help from the the crew at diynot.co.uk) and had 4 detectors, two door contacts and an internal/external bell set up on my desk. I programmed all the zones and everything worked fine. ( not bad for a wee girl who never met an alarm before! :) ) HOWEVER! i managed to activated the keypad tamper and even when the switch was put back in the normal position the tamper would not clear despite an engineer tamp reset. So i decided to default the panel and guess what, when the installation/engineers menu appeared i accidentally cancelled out of it without assigning a user or engineer code. My old codes no longer work and i have tried all the common default codes 012345, 01278, 02244 000000, etc etc. Somebody else suggested having an alarm engineer flash the panel with a new version of the software, is this really the only option?

Funny thing is that when i got this panel my friend had no codes for it at all (it had been in a rented property) I managed somehow :huh: to reset the system without any codes. I havent a clue how i did it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I attatch a photo of the panel if its of any use.(there is no jumper present) Hope it works

Thanks in advance

Sarah O' Connor Dublin, Ireland

post-6860-1137453251_thumb.jpg

If you know how to correctly default the panel as you said earlier, then if you have lost the codes then by defaulting the panel you will get back to where you were.

If there is a tamper problem that won't clear and you know what tamper circuit it is and you can't clear it then the fault is beyond you and anyone else on here without seeing the panel.

Not being rude - just factual.

Unfortunately, as you may have read on the forum rules we cannot give out defaulting information to non trade members. Sorry. Perhaps your other forum can help.

Just re-read your post. I am not sure that what you are calling "defaulting" is actually what we term defaulting. Your post kind of contradicts itself.

If you have no manual and no code then you will require the services of an engineer, or a dustbin. :)

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

As Zak, QFA, basically no defaulting information OR DEFAULTING CODES are to be given out on here. The codes you have mentioned will do bugger all for you anyway as they are not correct.

OK as far as help goes, if you have an engineer manual for the panel it will tell you how to default it if needs be, I'm sure if you stare at the pcb for long enough you'll figure it out with trial and error, the default codes will be in the engineer manual which will let you program the panel again, really without this book there isn't a great lot you can do to the system unless you know them inside out, sorry to sound as though I'm putting you off but by the sounds of things your a bit stuffed and there's not alot we are allowed to do to help you on this one.

Hopefully you'll figure it out, time is all you need..... and th engineer manual! Keep looking!!!

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

My old codes no longer work and i have tried all the common default codes 012345, 01278, 02244 000000, etc etc.

01122 :hmm: the default user code, as other have mentioned the information you are requesting can not be given out.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest Bryan Rooney

Thanks for all the replies it was actually 1122 (default User) and 1278 (default engineer, (common knowledge he said)). I met with an aritech engineer who was commissioning a system nearby and he helped me out. For the record, according to him if the engineer code is missing or the user code, when it is in a state of alarm, the only way forward is to flash the panel with a new version of the software. He admitted that maybe there might be a vulnerability in the system somewhere but he didn't know about it. There are no defaulting codes as such. He even showed me a copy of the engineers manual for the panel. It is fully locked by default.

Wishing everybody all the best for the future,

Thanking You

Sarah.

Thanks for all the replies it was actually 1122 (default User) and 1278 (default engineer, (common knowledge he said)). I met with an aritech engineer who was commissioning a system nearby and he helped me out. For the record, according to him if the engineer code is missing or the user code, when it is in a state of alarm, the only way forward is to flash the panel with a new version of the software. He admitted that maybe there might be a vulnerability in the system somewhere but he didn't know about it. There are no defaulting codes as such. He even showed me a copy of the engineers manual for the panel. It is fully locked by default.

Wishing everybody all the best for the future,

Thanking You

Sarah.

There are no such things as defaulting codes, but there are ways to default (back to factory setting) parts of the programming (such as user/engineer codes) by following specific procedures that are unique to each brand.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived