Security Installer Community

Videoswitch Vi200 Dvr, Remote Viewing Over Lan?

Alexg

Can anyone tell me.

The new VI200 DVR's from videoswitch with built in ethernet.

Can you view live & recorded images from a computer over the network from the DVR?

If so can you use internet explorer or do u have to use there own software?

Can it be password protected?

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me.

The new VI200 DVR's from videoswitch with built in ethernet.

Can you view live & recorded images from a computer over the network from the DVR?

YES: "100baseT, TCP/IP, suits broadband router and LAN"

If so can you use internet explorer or do u have to use there own software?

AFAIK you need their software on the client PC. Available from them to download from their site FOC.

Can it be password protected?

Up to 4 passwords with programmable rights

Thanks.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SMTechnology

You download the vi-connect software for free from the wesite all you need do is open 1 port on the router to view remotely :)

The software comes with the DVR, Fitted two last week both onto an admin network at the same site.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

The software comes with the DVR, Fitted two last week both onto an admin network at the same site.

What's your impression of them?

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

We normally fit Vista or DM so Im not that impressed with Videoswitch, but if a budget has to met then so be it.

I returned to the site today where I fitted the two units to burn some discs, we always keep a copy at the office as evidence that it was spot on at time of hand over. The images that i put onto disk are not very good when played back on a PC DVD.

One thing that I dont like about them is the SEQ function, the customer has to go into the function menu and enable 7, bit of a pain when a button on the front is what we normally get.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Archived