Security Installer Community

Continuing College Next Year...

Guest MrTrim

Guest Andy_Wintles_pet_Monkey

Jesus, some of you need to take that rocket out your butt.

I wasn't having a go at anybody, I was giving a friend a piece of advice. He's a clever lad, and in my humble opinion the transition from Intruder to Fire is an easy one to make for a guy like him.

You need to get out more.......

Hey Trim! it's me, DDID!!! :bruce_h4h::)

Go for a Sparky course mate, Fire is an absolute doddle to pick up once you know your Intruder.

sounds like you were speaking about yourself to me and not your friend.

as it's been said running cables in your sparky course is a doddle and tha'ts probably all you will get to do. Come back to earth and realsie any monkey can run cables all day,it's not difficult.

In fact it's really boring and i would rather sub that side out. Your quite welcome to it.

never saw it as you were having a go but saying fire is easy to engineers who have years of experience,says to me that you don't and are not qualified to make that claim.

But if you are convinced it's still easy why not post what you all do in your job with fire and i would be interested to read it.

thank ya

Guest Cerberus NI
Jesus, some of you need to take that rocket out your butt.

I wasn't having a go at anybody, I was giving a friend a piece of advice. He's a clever lad, and in my humble opinion the transition from Intruder to Fire is an easy one to make for a guy like him.

You need to get out more.......

If I'd the money to get out more do you think I'd be writing on forums!!!It depends what angle you're coming in at in relation to going from one to the other.It is beneficial to be dual trained as it makes it easier moving from company to company.Howeve,although the regs are both Chinese to anyone outside the industry,one is Mandarin and the other Cantonese,and it's changing the mind set that you are into life protection and not just property/commercial (mainly).

Anyway,I'm gonna take your advice,go raid the kids money box and get out of the house!

yup..

EOL and addressing in theory are quite similar in both - fire and intruder - but that's it.

reg's? nope..

I have done fire engineering courses (i am even approved fire alarm system engineer!!) but since i don't do them regularly i keep out of the fire stuff.. it is not piece of cake until you have done them for a couple of years EVEN if you know intruder alarms.

you can have all the qualifications in the world..but nothing is more valuable than experience...more so in the fire and security game..you go up against someone for a job with no c&g etc but with 10-20 yrs in the game he will get the job everytime... try and get a start with a firm(if you havnt already) and do your courses at night school..the employers may even pay for them too..

Archived