Security Installer Community

Axis 206 Network Camera

Guest Robmanchester

Guest Robmanchester

Any one every installed any Axis network camera and viewed them remotely?

I have a 206 Axis network camera connected to router and then a Motorola blueyounder internet connection.

The upload speed is only 256K and makes the update time of the picture slow when viewing remotely (about 1 frame per second).

Any one know for any better broadband suppliers with higher upload speeds?

I think you will find it hard work getting an isp that will give you more than 256k have you thought about saving the images to a pc then uploading from the pc at a different rate?

Or changing the camera settings to allow a lower bandwidth?

It sounds like you are using highest resolution at 30fps, is that right? So each image if i am right will be 300k(image size) multiply by 30 for one second of information.

:question:

that true??

Dunno what the upload is over there Georg but over here 256k is a standard upload speed for all connection speeds. The best way to get better upload speed is to bond multiple DSL connections, but that's pricey.

Dunno what the upload is over there Georg but over here 256k is a standard upload speed for all connection speeds. The best way to get better upload speed is to bond multiple DSL connections, but that's pricey.

upload rates usually vary from 512k to 1M, download from 512k to 8M (thou there are 24M rates i've heard so, but not seen..)

you can still get 256/256 connection, but that will save you

me too..

Try nildram.co.uk they have SDSL services 1mb and 2mb upload, we have used there 1mb in the past and its great, it is not cheap though and only available in some areas.

You can also try Easynet they are a little more expensive but can offer in regions that nildram cannot.

Try nildram.co.uk they have SDSL services 1mb and 2mb upload, we have used there 1mb in the past and its great, it is not cheap though and only available in some areas.

You can also try Easynet they are a little more expensive but can offer in regions that nildram cannot.

The main constraint on SDSL (apart from price) is where BT have enabled it. :cry:

They seem to be moving faster on ADSL+ which can get up to 18Mbps download depending on distance; presumably because they can get more money - e.g. for pay-per-view services. :hmm:

Archived