Security Installer Community

Axis 206 Network Camera

Guest Robmanchester

Guest Robmanchester
upload rates usually vary from 512k to 1M, download from 512k to 8M (thou there are 24M rates i've heard so, but not seen..)

you can still get 256/256 connection, but that will save you

Guest Robmanchester

Hey Guys thanks for the all the information.

I think the top and botom is that for some reason in the UK we get poor upload speeds (any one knows why let me know?) unless we pay mega bucks.

The axis 206 camera was set up with the following:

640x480 Resolution

Medium compression

5 frames per second

Unfortunately the system was set up for a local shop keeper who wanted to view what was happening in his shop while he wasn

post-7177-1139253063_thumb.jpg

post-7177-1139253296_thumb.jpg

Rob i guess your in Manchester for some reason but i found this 8meg DL 512k UL BB but its London only so a bit pointless for you, usefull for someone else maybe.

http://www.homechoice.co.uk/packages/max_speed_big_pack.html

As for upload speeds being really low compared to download speeds, i believe its because of more than one reason. Firstly downlad speed is more critical than upload so the architecture of BT's ADSL was built to reflect that and secondly. SDSL (symetrical) is available at a much higher cost where the upload speed is similar to download speed but this clearly uses a lot more of the bandwidth available, which would mean lower speeds across the board on the existing pipes.

Archived