Security Installer Community

Advice Dvr With Remote Access And Passthru's

Guest Staplar

Thanks for your reply, I had a look for a Philex RF Modulator, it looks like it only takes a single input, is there such a device that has 4 BNC inputs to 1 BNC output?

Yes, but it's cheaper to buy 4 single channel modulators as the multichannel ones are generally for broadcast quality high end sytems from what I've seen.

is there such a device that has 4 BNC inputs to 1 BNC output?

I suppose you could use a 4 way switcher prior to the modulator, which would be cheaper that 4 modulators, after all you can only look at one picture at a time, unless your planning on 4 TV's.

Guest Staplar
I suppose you could use a 4 way switcher prior to the modulator, which would be cheaper that 4 modulators, after all you can only look at one picture at a time, unless your planning on 4 TV's.

I was under the impression that I would not need a modulator, the loftbox does that (I think). There is a BNC input on the Loftbox labelled CCTV. I am not too bothered about cycling through each camera, I was looking for solution that would display multiple cameras on one screen, which I could see on my TV via the loftbox (Labgear HDU681).

Thanks for you reply.

Yes, but it's cheaper to buy 4 single channel modulators as the multichannel ones are generally for broadcast quality high end sytems from what I've seen.

Right, I think that "high end" kit is probably too expensive. Thanks for your reply.

The F type input on the loftbox is an rf input, you will need an rf modulator.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

The F type input on the loftbox is an rf input, you will need an rf modulator.

So like i said. fit a 4 way switcher prior to the Modulator you could then view any of the 4 camera's at anytime and have them sequence also.

Alternativly you may be able to get a quad or a mux and do it that way but why have 4 little pictures when you could select any of the 4 singularly? provided you site the switcher in a usable position.

provided you site the switcher in a usable position.

But if you have 4 modulators you have the means to select any camera at full screen from any TV. 4 modulators would cost about the same as or less than a semi decent switcher\quad\mux.

Guest Staplar

Thanks very much for all of you advice it is much appreciated, I will take a look at the options, now that I know what they are.

Thanks again.

Hi, Newbie here.

I am looking for advice about a DVR with remote access via a standard web browser without the need for viewer software. Do they exist? Can anyone recommend a model(s).

Archived