Security Installer Community

Help With Install For Block Of Flats

Guest layzphil

Guest layzphil

Hello all,

Good job I found this forum because I was a bit bewildered with all this CCTV stuff!

I am the maintance director (unpaid!) for a block of city centre flats in an old building (which I live in) - there are about 30 flats in total. We've had some trouble recently and I want to price up a cctv install.

I need:

2x cameras for entrances from the street. I envisage mounting them inside so they would always be in a lit area.

1x camera at the entrance to underground parking (inside, but exposed). Again has PIR sensor light so would be lit if anyone enters.

1x camera at entrance from underground parking to main building (would also be lit)

I am thinking of the R200 DVR box with a 250gb disc from rfconcepts.co.uk as it was recommended in another thread, but I have some questions.

What would be the best cameras for this install? I want colour and the range doesn't have to be far, probably 5-10m.

How do you power the cameras? Do I need a 240v source near the camera or can I run power further than that (to the DVR box)?

Two of the cameras will have to be a long way from the DVR box, and I can see me needing 50-100m run for a tidy install. What are the cabling implications of this? I don't think wireless would be a good solution as there would be a number of thick walls between the box and the cables.

I reckon I can fit this stuff myself if I get it all, but the company will be paying so I am not adverse if there are any businesses in the Lancaster area who would be interested in this job please reply.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hello all,

Good job I found this forum because I was a bit bewildered with all this CCTV stuff!

I am the maintance director (unpaid!) for a block of city centre flats in an old building (which I live in) - there are about 30 flats in total. We've had some trouble recently and I want to price up a cctv install.

I need:

2x cameras for entrances from the street. I envisage mounting them inside so they would always be in a lit area.

1x camera at the entrance to underground parking (inside, but exposed). Again has PIR sensor light so would be lit if anyone enters.

1x camera at entrance from underground parking to main building (would also be lit)

I am thinking of the R200 DVR box with a 250gb disc from rfconcepts.co.uk as it was recommended in another thread, but I have some questions.

What would be the best cameras for this install? I want colour and the range doesn't have to be far, probably 5-10m.

How do you power the cameras? Do I need a 240v source near the camera or can I run power further than that (to the DVR box)?

Two of the cameras will have to be a long way from the DVR box, and I can see me needing 50-100m run for a tidy install. What are the cabling implications of this? I don't think wireless would be a good solution as there would be a number of thick walls between the box and the cables.

I reckon I can fit this stuff myself if I get it all, but the company will be paying so I am not adverse if there are any businesses in the Lancaster area who would be interested in this job please reply.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Paul Main

ClearView Communications Ltd

Robjohns Road Chelmsford

Essex CM1 3AG

Telephone: 01245 214104

Fax: 01245 214101

paul.main@clearview-communications.com

www.clearview-communications.com

Archived