Security Installer Community

Wireless Cctv & 2.4ghz Band Conflicts:-

Guest spirochete

Guest frosted

sorry for taking the banter to heart. having a annoying week grin!

right well using an ip converter im talking about having it all run over ip, and a dedicated wireless network or gigabit ethernet will handle this all with ease. just thinking that a IT tech wireless system would be best for security and reliability (for my sins im an it consultant first lol)

I recently had the chance to evaluate /try a wireless camera system-( & not exactly a cheap one either!)

Must have been a cheap one, we have tried them and the cheap ones do interfere with wireless networks.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

just thinking that a IT tech wireless system would be best for security and reliability (for my sins im an it consultant first lol)

??!?

does IT consultants in the island start drinkin' already at friday morning???

you MUST be joking, right???

how on earth can you say wireless is best for security and reliability???????

every IT person should fear wireless TCP/IP like a plague!!

Guest frosted
Wrong.

It ain't perfect, but it's out there.

So we learn to live with it and make it work. :ninja:

You can make it work as well as you want; it just costs more! :P

you got it. the ONLY issue is network disruption. but lets be honest if someone is going to that level the cctv is irrelivent anyway. using high powerd transmitters. backup routes (redundent wirelss transmitters) e.t.c. it can be VERY reliable and VERY good. using hardware plugs for a pgp style encrjption system the switch wont even take data with out. this means you cant falsify the camera ip setup and get in.

i mean christ. take a bloody illigal air rifle to most cctv housing and bye bye camera anyway lol. if somone wants it gone that badly it will be.

note i have actually installed a wireless ip based analoge system. and its proving very good. costs effective as well when you work out the time saving.

for exmaple using a wireless connectivity with a router block outside the building doing power over ethernet works amazing in time saving for whacking up externals.

but i am a little it biased i would add :P

just to add im not saying its best. but a very very useable solution if you have the knowhow to set it up correctly. which most cctv guys dont. becuase there not it saddos like me ;)

when faced with a nessesity to have multiple buildings connected and NO way of hardwiring it all to a central point its ideal.

when faced with a nessesity to have multiple buildings connected and NO way of hardwiring it all to a central point its ideal.

yes but with directional antennas..

Guest frosted
yes but with directional antennas..

only depending on building distance. a lot of the time the wireless network coverage is good enough not to need direction based kit (although u get a better perm signal transfer rate with one).

banghead

do you spread your credit card PIN number everywhere?

no?

why not?

lets say your credit card is encryption key and PIN number is the transmission medium.

Guest frosted
banghead

do you spread your credit card PIN number everywhere?

no?

why not?

lets say your credit card is encryption key and PIN number is the transmission medium.

i think im being stuipd. please explain the relevence....

banghead

banghead

i think im being stuipd. please explain the relevence....

if you spread your credit card PIN number around just like your transmission medium is spreading the traffic all around if you don't use directional antennas.

then only encryption key ( ie. your credit card number ) is needed anymore.

Archived