Security Installer Community

Fm Modulator And Ccd Camera - Help

Guest deefadog

Guest deefadog

Hi guyz, i have a crappy micromark B/W camera connected to an FM modulater which hooks up to the tv, this works fine.

I wanted to connect a colour CCD camera i puchased to it, but all i got was a few wavey lines, can anyone help why this would not work, maybe the frequency was out of the modulators range maybe?

Thanks

Hi guyz, i have a crappy micromark B/W camera connected to an FM modulater which hooks up to the tv, this works fine.

I wanted to connect a colour CCD camera i puchased to it, but all i got was a few wavey lines, can anyone help why this would not work, maybe the frequency was out of the modulators range maybe?

Thanks

Can you change the RF channel on the modulator, maybe its tuned close to another signal, it needs to be at least 3 channels away from another souce, either that or the the cables kankered.

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

FM modulator? Either it's not an FM modulator or it never worked.

What's the cabling like? Could be inteference, duff connection somewhere. Try the camera plugged into the modulator directly to check it's not equipment at fault.

Guest deefadog

I have plugged the scart end of the CCD camera directly into the tv and it work fine, i plugged my other camera into the FR modulator and that works fine, all cables are good!

The RF modulator only has one channel, you can fine tune it to get the picture but that's it, maybe i should get one with several channels on it!

I drillled the wall and connected it up directly for now, works a treat as it's a camera for our little daughter and it has led's so is pefect, but we can only view it from our bedroom, as if the Modulator worked, we could view it from all the TV's in the house!

So as long as it should work in theory, i guess i'll get a multi channel one - do you think?

cheers

I have plugged the scart end of the CCD camera directly into the tv and it work fine, i plugged my other camera into the FR modulator and that works fine, all cables are good!

The RF modulator only has one channel, you can fine tune it to get the picture but that's it, maybe i should get one with several channels on it!

I drillled the wall and connected it up directly for now, works a treat as it's a camera for our little daughter and it has led's so is pefect, but we can only view it from our bedroom, as if the Modulator worked, we could view it from all the TV's in the house!

So as long as it should work in theory, i guess i'll get a multi channel one - do you think?

cheers

Does the rf modulator have a Test signal, when you can tune it in to a while line etc?

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

could be a PAL/NTSC problem. The new camera may be NTSC and the RF modulator is expecting a PAL signal. The Scart input on your TV probably auto selects.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest deefadog

Good thinking! i just checked the boxand it does say Pal, although this was a cheapy camera from ebay from hong kong, so i guess it could be wrong? - although it's a cheapy, the quality it excellent, i can't knock that!

When i say it was a black screen, i meant it was a black screen with like to oscillating line one on the top and one on the bottom!

Maybe it's the channel afterall, like i said it's one fixed channel and not selectable, maybe i'll get another fm modulator with selectable channels?

The modulator will be fine if you have been able to use it with the other camera and the test bars, it sounds like the issue is between the ccd camera and the modulator, what connections and cables are you using exactly?

micromark to modulator

ccd cam to modulator

inputs on modulator

Guest Rockford
could be a PAL/NTSC problem. The new camera may be NTSC and the RF modulator is expecting a PAL signal. The Scart input on your TV probably auto selects.

If that were the case, you'd see any *colour* camera in black and white...

Archived