Security Installer Community

Pci Dvr Card

Guest b21playa

Guest frosted

"PC hardware + LINUX + cards are OK."

i would agree with this. have been running a homebrew dvr setup on linux for testing and has yet to fall over in 2 months.

Guest Tina Hu

If you just need a demostic application, PC-based dvr can satisfy all your need, may be a good choice. good extendbility and high rate of performance/price(if you had a computer, what u need just an 4-8 channels video card and a suit of dvr software, except for cameras) will beat your heart. Of course ,geovison have a good comment on its product ,but price and not bad video quality will make you go to us. u can have a try for free.

http://www.netvisiondvr.com/reg/reg.htm

any problem, MSN:tina0624dvr@hotmail.com

Guest intikab

I have installed a Geovision GV600 for a client (8 camera capability, 4 in use). I would say that it does hog resources so I wouldn't use the PC for too much else with the DVR running. The software seems pretty good but support is pretty basic. The reasone we decided on a PC based solution rather than a dedicated unit is because the client wanted remote viewing capability but didn't want to pay extra for a fixed-IP broadband connection. Not many units out there that handle Dynamic IP addressing well.

Then again, that may be my knowledge that is lacking.

One thing I would suggest is that you get a card that has fly leads rather than connections straight to the card. From my rather greater knowledge of PCs, I have found that some cards can work loose with the weight of the leads pulling on the card. Fly leads make connections a little easier too.

IMHO.

Guest The Installer

hi peeps my first post yay! :D

We use Geo's with our anpr software in PC based clients, wouldnt really use them as general cctv

If your gonna buy a capture card dont buy one with wavlet compression, it might use less hdd space but the playback is sub standard IMO

hope this helps

I have installed a Geovision GV600 for a client (8 camera capability, 4 in use). I would say that it does hog resources so I wouldn't use the PC for too much else with the DVR running. The software seems pretty good but support is pretty basic. The reasone we decided on a PC based solution rather than a dedicated unit is because the client wanted remote viewing capability but didn't want to pay extra for a fixed-IP broadband connection. Not many units out there that handle Dynamic IP addressing well.

Then again, that may be my knowledge that is lacking.

One thing I would suggest is that you get a card that has fly leads rather than connections straight to the card. From my rather greater knowledge of PCs, I have found that some cards can work loose with the weight of the leads pulling on the card. Fly leads make connections a little easier too.

IMHO.

hi, so as you know TeleEye units work well with a dynamic IP

if you use a pc based on windows XP you can subscribe it to 'gotomypc.com' for about

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived