Security Installer Community

Dvrs And Dust

Guest RICHL

Guest RICHL

Ive got a quote to do for CCTV on a farm and the proposed location of the DVR in a site office is likely to be quite dusty especially in summer - due more to the lack of cleaning than large amounts of dust etc.

Is this likely to cause any problems for the DVR, if so what solutions are there.

cheers

Sell them a cleaning contract too?

Stress to them the importance of servicing the unit (blast it with some canned air from time to time) and\or you could put it in a locakable cabinet with filtered vents.

Sell them a cleaning contract too?

Stress to them the importance of servicing the unit (blast it with some canned air from time to time) and\or you could put it in a locakable cabinet with filtered vents.

yeah lockable cabinet, Dynamic do them Richie, you really ought to get broadband sorted so you can do your quotes direct from the web site, far easier.

Oh and Congrats on the new Ltd company, whats it called by the way?

Guest RICHL
yeah lockable cabinet, Dynamic do them Richie, you really ought to get broadband sorted so you can do your quotes direct from the web site, far easier.

their lockable cabinets wont keep dusk out though?,

Sentry CCTV Ltd, origional nes pas?

Depending on the set up of the system, if it is completely set to motion detecction and there isn't much activity, this will mean that the drives won't be constantly running, the DVR365 is set up like this. One thing you might want to try is fitting dust filters on the fans air intake of the DVR, the foamy washable ones and then insist on quarterly services.

Quotes direct from the website?

Quotes direct from the website?

Dynamic list all the products on their web site along with prices too if you have been given the secret handshake info, making it easier to do your quotes (well thats what i do anyway).

Dynamic list all the products on their web site along with prices too if you have been given the secret handshake info, making it easier to do your quotes (well thats what i do anyway).

Ah I see, I thought you meant you do your customers quotes via your website

Guest rjbsec
The trouble is that the cool lair has to come from somewhere and it will suck it in from one side and chuck it out the other meaning your dust is dragged into the machine.

That's the problem, you must have good ventilation and that's not good for the unit in a dusty environment - I would be speaking with manufacturers and getting their two-penneth on this, otherwise someone will be saying "its no good and its only x months old"!

Guest RICHL
One thing you might want to try is fitting dust filters on the fans air intake of the DVR, the foamy washable ones and then insist on quarterly services.

Thats probably going to be the best option cheers

Is this the super secret and highly origional "security" on their site which gives access to pricing or is there something there Ive missed?

It did cross my mind today that a price list downloadable in spreadsheet form would be usefull.

Archived