Security Installer Community

Trainee Looking For Work

Guest MrTrim

Guest MrTrim

Hi,

Following on from my last thread about "Trainees" I've decided to market myself to the world.

I'm currently studying the C&G, in Alarms Installtion & Maintenance, and I'm looking for a trainee position within an installation company.

I'm extremely keen to further my education on this subject, and if I can't find a local college that run's the next level C&G, I will be putting my name down for the Electrical Installtion course instead.

I have no experience of Alarms Installations yet, but I do have a years experience of "Computer Networking" and I was responsible for the safe and tidy layout of a "DJ Showroom" for a large DJ Company within Birmingham City Centre for 12 months.

If you are looking for someone keen to learn, hard-working, and extremely eager to settle down with one company and progress up the career ladder, then please get in touch, and I'll send you my CV.

Regards,

Alex Trim

trimmah@hotmail.co.uk

Alex,

With years of experience with computer networking, you might want to consider a company that also deals with IP CCTV (not excluding other ip based security)

Networking skills are being required more and more in the security industry and they may just help put you in at a postion greater than a trainee.

Hi,

Following on from my last thread about "Trainees" I've decided to market myself to the world.

I'm currently studying the C&G, in Alarms Installtion & Maintenance, and I'm looking for a trainee position within an installation company.

I'm extremely keen to further my education on this subject, and if I can't find a local college that run's the next level C&G, I will be putting my name down for the Electrical Installtion course instead.

I have no experience of Alarms Installations yet, but I do have a years experience of "Computer Networking" and I was responsible for the safe and tidy layout of a "DJ Showroom" for a large DJ Company within Birmingham City Centre for 12 months.

If you are looking for someone keen to learn, hard-working, and extremely eager to settle down with one company and progress up the career ladder, then please get in touch, and I'll send you my CV.

Regards,

Alex Trim

trimmah@hotmail.co.uk

you could try and hire yourself out for free at weekends etc..not ideal but least youll get some experience and see what goes on...then youll get a foot in the door..and hopefully a job in security..

Guest MrTrim

Thanks for the reply both.

I'll look into this IP CCTV malarky, it's been a fair few years since I did any IT work mind, but always worth a mention.

And the work experience is a good idea too, but as most people are self-employed they seem reluctant to take me on, it's a bit of a pain really, as I've phoned two big name companys several times and heard nothing either. GRRRRRRRR....

Oh well, I'll have to sit and wait I guess.

Thanks for the reply both.

I'll look into this IP CCTV malarky, it's been a fair few years since I did any IT work mind, but always worth a mention.

And the work experience is a good idea too, but as most people are self-employed they seem reluctant to take me on, it's a bit of a pain really, as I've phoned two big name companys several times and heard nothing either. GRRRRRRRR....

Oh well, I'll have to sit and wait I guess.

Keep at it mate, you'll get there. I was close to calling it quits, and a couple of months later I was working with a company. I put an ad in the local paper saying I was looking for an alarm co willing to take on a trainee, and about a week and a half later, I got a phone call. I must have tried close to 50 companies around the north west over the space of a couple of months. I mailed out CV's, I offered to work for free, I got the yellow pages out and rang a load of firms, I emailed people, I tried the SITO (security industry training organisation) which also got me a job, but by the time the guy had gotten back to me I was just work anyway.

People said they'd ring back tommorow, and they never did. I got promised a few things only to have them taken back. You may get lucky and find somewhere tommorow, and I hope you do, but be prepared for some dissapointments! If you sitting and waiting won't do ya nay good. It's all worth it when you find somewhere, and you will! :yes:

Trade Member

Guest MrTrim
Keep at it mate, you'll get there. I was close to calling it quits, and a couple of months later I was working with a company. I put an ad in the local paper saying I was looking for an alarm co willing to take on a trainee, and about a week and a half later, I got a phone call. I must have tried close to 50 companies around the north west over the space of a couple of months. I mailed out CV's, I offered to work for free, I got the yellow pages out and rang a load of firms, I emailed people, I tried the SITO (security industry training organisation) which also got me a job, but by the time the guy had gotten back to me I was just work anyway.

People said they'd ring back tommorow, and they never did. I got promised a few things only to have them taken back. You may get lucky and find somewhere tommorow, and I hope you do, but be prepared for some dissapointments! If you sitting and waiting won't do ya nay good. It's all worth it when you find somewhere, and you will! :yes:

Haha, what are the chances, he's phoned me today!

Got the interview tomorrow morning, best have a shave.

I start April! GET IN! :)

Well chuffed, CCTV, Access Controls, something about Gates, I cannot wait!

Congratulations. :) Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of a security engineer.

Archived