Security Installer Community

Help!newbie Needs Help - Cctv For An Office & Home!look In..

jig

Hi All,

New to the site so please go easy! I am currently trying to draw up a list of kit required for two jobs. I have an a qualified engineer to do the work but has left it to me to choose and purchase what I want/need:

Requirements:

Office - Located on a corner location but has some lighting from the street lights. Needs to have visible cameras outside which can each cover 15 metres to cover each door. Two cameras inside but these need to be more covert (which will be used predominantly during the day - no night security needed inside)

Home - Need four cameras preferable not large and bodied prison style cameras!Need to be more discreet but semi visible. two overlooking the front drive away, under the eaves(ie placed just under the roofline) -fitted on each corner (one wide angle to cover the drive and the other narrow). Two overlooking the rear garden, under the eaves -fitted on each corner (one wide angle to cover the whole garden and the other to look on to the lengh of the house at the rear). Placing one more camera facing the door area at just below 1st floor height(under an eave facing down)

For both - Should be able to record onto a standalone dvr, view the recordings over the internet and also be able to watch through a number of TVs present.

Specification - I have come up with but not sure...

Office:

• 1. 2xSDN-520P FX KIT SAMSUNG SDN-520P DAY/NIGHT CAMERA WITH 3-8mm DD ASPHERICAL LENS INSIDE TPH-1000-12V EXTERNAL HOUSING
    2. 2x Colour Domes High Resolution Colour Sony CCD 520TV Lines 1Lux Varifocal 4-9mm
    3. 4 Channel 160GB DVR with Network/Motion/CDRW/VGA Output
    4. Power Supply Dantech

House:

• 5a. 4x CC70 W/proof IR Colour Bullet 3" High resolution EXVIEW HAD CCD Sony High resolution 500TVL (see here
http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/colour_sony_ir.htm )
OR
5b. 4x Colour W/proff IR Bullet SONY 1/3 CCD 480tv 42LED Infra-red ( http://www.marketworks.com/storefrontprofi...626&i=113605616 )
6. Colour IR Dome 420 Sony CCD
7. 8 Channel 160GB DVR with Network/Motion/CDRW/VGA Output
8. Power Supply Dantech

For both Locations:

• 9. Cables - RG59 75 ohms x 100m
    10. Cables - 8 core Alarm cable (for 12V) x100m
    11. Connectors - BNC x50
    12. RF Modulator
    13. Trunking
    14. Mains Cable

Advice needed on all aspects and...

a) Are my choices ok for the requirements? Im on a tight budget but want the best value for money and quality so med priced kit.

b)What types of power supplies are suitable?what type of dantech?

c) The two dvr's (4ch and 8 ch) which one? Where from?

d) Which are better 5a or 5b??? Am slightly concrned about spiders too from everything I read!

e)What are the alternatives for 5? (around

My first question would have to be are you sure you have chosen the correct engineer for the job? If he knew what he was doing he would specify what he was going to use himself.

My first question would have to be are you sure you have chosen the correct engineer for the job? If he knew what he was doing he would specify what he was going to use himself.

He has specified some of the above and the rest I have put togther, he is happy to install what I provide. If he were to specify he would charge for a 'whole' strat to finish job which would cost three time my budget!!

Running high res camera in to a rf modulator to be be displayed on a normal Tv ?

If so why use decent camera's you have specified, due to you wont see high res pictures on a normal Tv, put a proper video monitor in.

Im on a tight budget but want the best value for money and quality so med priced kit.

Why not wait a little while longer so the budget could be a bit more.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest The Installer
Running high res camera in to a rf modulator to be be displayed on a normal Tv ?

I agree

if this is how you wish to do it, my advise would be to use decent monitors locally with the dvr's so you can view the footage at a higher res if needed and make sure that the dvr's are capable of playback over lan as some are not, also stay away from wavlet compression if possible

oh and drop the alarm cable and use some good old fashion 16-2-2c

I agree

if this is how you wish to do it, my advise would be to use decent monitors locally with the dvr's so you can view the footage at a higher res if needed and make sure that the dvr's are capable of playback over lan as some are not, also stay away from wavlet compression if possible

oh and drop the alarm cable and use some good old fashion 16-2-2c

Hi, no that was my plan, to have a man monitoring station ie hook up an LCD to the DVR but to also have the abity to view through the other tvs in the house.

What are the advantages of good old fashion 16-2-2c over alarm cable?Does everyone use this?

Guest crime-seen.com
Hi All,

New to the site so please go easy! I am currently trying to draw up a list of kit required for two jobs. I have an a qualified engineer to do the work but has left it to me to choose and purchase what I want/need:

Requirements:

Office - Located on a corner location but has some lighting from the street lights. Needs to have visible cameras outside which can each cover 15 metres to cover each door. Two cameras inside but these need to be more covert (which will be used predominantly during the day - no night security needed inside)

Home - Need four cameras preferable not large and bodied prison style cameras!Need to be more discreet but semi visible. two overlooking the front drive away, under the eaves(ie placed just under the roofline) -fitted on each corner (one wide angle to cover the drive and the other narrow). Two overlooking the rear garden, under the eaves -fitted on each corner (one wide angle to cover the whole garden and the other to look on to the lengh of the house at the rear). Placing one more camera facing the door area at just below 1st floor height(under an eave facing down)

For both - Should be able to record onto a standalone dvr, view the recordings over the internet and also be able to watch through a number of TVs present.

Office:

• 1. 2xSDN-520P FX KIT SAMSUNG SDN-520P DAY/NIGHT CAMERA WITH 3-8mm DD ASPHERICAL LENS INSIDE TPH-1000-12V EXTERNAL HOUSING
    2. 2x Colour Domes High Resolution Colour Sony CCD 520TV Lines 1Lux Varifocal 4-9mm
    3. 4 Channel 160GB DVR with Network/Motion/CDRW/VGA Output
    4. Power Supply Dantech

House:

• 5a. 4x CC70 W/proof IR Colour Bullet 3" High resolution EXVIEW HAD CCD Sony High resolution 500TVL (see here
http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/colour_sony_ir.htm )
OR
5b. 4x Colour W/proff IR Bullet SONY 1/3 CCD 480tv 42LED Infra-red ( http://www.marketworks.com/storefrontprofi...626&i=113605616 )
6. Colour IR Dome 420 Sony CCD
7. 8 Channel 160GB DVR with Network/Motion/CDRW/VGA Output
8. Power Supply Dantech

For both Locations:

• 9. Cables - RG59 75 ohms x 100m
    10. Cables - 8 core Alarm cable (for 12V) x100m
    11. Connectors - BNC x50
    12. RF Modulator
    13. Trunking
    14. Mains Cable

Advice needed on all aspects and...

a) Are my choices ok for the requirements? Im on a tight budget but want the best value for money and quality so med priced kit.

b)What types of power supplies are suitable?what type of dantech?

c) The two dvr's (4ch and 8 ch) which one? Where from?

d) Which are better 5a or 5b??? Am slightly concrned about spiders too from everything I read!

e)What are the alternatives for 5? (around

Take a look at www.crime-seen.com. We have a brand new prodcut that may solve the DVR problem as it is 120fps USB management and DVR system to

an existing PC. We do small kits for this type of environment on a supply only basis. Let me know and I will send you details

crime-seen.com

i wouldn't personally trust a man who sells NTSC stuff in a country that uses PAL.. :whistle:

Guest intikab
i wouldn't personally trust a man who sells NTSC stuff in a country that uses PAL.. :whistle:

I notice the referrals page and manuals pages don't work and the online demo is "Comming soon" (Sic.)

Doesn't mean they aren't a decent company, I just worry when the internet presence is flaky.

I always worry about USB.

It drives me mad getting emails from CCTV manufacturers when they quite clearly have leeched my address from the site, tis why God invented ifsec.

Archived