Security Installer Community

Extending Cable On Ir Lamps

Alexg

Guest The Installer

No problem Alexg, let us know how you get on

WatchdogSecurity:- i really cant remember as it was about 2 years ago, but it still works as far as I know lol fits and look beautifuly on a 506 housing I might add

I have had this argument a few times.

We have a customer who will not let us fit IR PSUs outside, p-cell is extended to the outside :P . So on many occasions the pre-wired lead is not long enough, I extend it using 2.5mm flex and the lamp life is as normal as can be.

For other customers, if Im fitting a camera on a wall with IR. The PSU will be along side of it, so the lead to the lamp is to long. Do you cut it short or try and make the excess look as neat as poss.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

I have had this argument a few times.

We have a customer who will not let us fit IR PSUs outside, p-cell is extended to the outside :P . So on many occasions the pre-wired lead is not long enough, I extend it using 2.5mm flex and the lamp life is as normal as can be.

For other customers, if Im fitting a camera on a wall with IR. The PSU will be along side of it, so the lead to the lamp is to long. Do you cut it short or try and make the excess look as neat as poss.

I use the dennard 880s, with the 2010 housing and the cable is just long enought to feedinto the housing and backout down the copex and ito the PSU

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

Guest The Installer

yes, if i'm correct these housings have a track on the underside for the bracket to slide on, if you use a 12mm hss bit towards the front of the track and then take a 25mm length m6 bolt and grind down the head so it is flater it should slide down the track allowing you to fix the lamp to it

hope this helps

You may struggle with the weight of the lamp, the pivot joint is at the rear. I suppose it can be done but it will have to be mega tight on the allen bolt.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Archived